No, I am not full of myself – I just got tagged twice in one day! First, and …so a double tag means I get to cheat and do them together. Ha!
The rules are that I have to post five things that you may not already know about me, which is going to be hard, but here we go…
1. I don’t know how to type. I have a bizarre hunt and peck system that uses mainly my pointer fingers, second fingers, and thumbs with occasional appearances by the other two fingers on each hand. I’ve never actually timed myself, but I think that I am pretty speedy most of the time – I can even get away with doing some typing without looking. But it is definitely not what anyone would consider the proper way to type; as anyone that has ever IM’d me knows, I can think faster than I can type – sometimes my fingers get very tangled trying to accurately keep up.
2. Spiders terrify me. While I have never been a fan of arachnids, the almost irrational fear I now have stems from when I was bit by a brown recluse while sleeping in 1992. The entire experience was completely traumatic and painful; ever since, I’ll squeal like a little girl if I see one that I think can “get me“. I have a similar reaction to large flying cockroaches, because I can remember watching them fly around in my bedroom (invariably dropping on me) when I was a little girl. This was when we lived in Taiwan and Okinawa, and it scarred me for life. So yeah, I’ll play with snakes and pick up the odd millipede or scorpion – but I will not fool with spiders or cockroaches.
3. When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian. But after working for a small-town vet for several years, and doing everything from cleaning cages to assisting in surgeries, I realized it wasn’t for me. The nastiest and scariest thing I ever did was participate in the removal of several hundred near-feral cats from a lady’s home. To this day, I still shudder when reminded of the experience…in fact I am shuddering right now as I write about it.
4. My very first live music concert ever was KISS in 1976. I was in the 4th grade, spending the night at a girl friend’s. Her two teen-aged brothers wanted to go to the concert, and their mom said they could only go if they brought us. I guess she figured two10 year old girls tagging along would keep them out of trouble? Yeah right! Looking back, I suppose it was amazing that they were able to get tickets, much less get us in, but they did it. If my mom only knew…
5. I attended and passed a certified mechanic’s course. I’ve had a thing for sports cars since I was a little girl, so as an adult I decided to take a semester of Automotive Training at Burlington County College in New Jersey; I even earned the first level mechanic’s certificate. No, I don’t work on cars now, and getting a job as a mechanic was never my intention – I just wanted to understand cars better, and now I do.
So now it is my turn to tag five people, and I choose:
Clinton of ClintonFitch.com
Check out their�sites�to see what they have to say!