There have been rumors of Sirius bringing their service to the iPhone through the App Store ‘any day now’ for quite a while … in fact,! While we hope for the sake of all paying members of the Sirius / XM service the article is correct, Normsoft wants you to know that they have you covered. That is right, as of the recently released version 5.2.2 its’ Pocket Tunes Radio can stream live Sirius / XM radio signals on the iPhone! Of course, you need an active subscription to the service to do this … read on and find out more!
Of course, as the saying goes, nothing worth doing is ever easy, so you can expect to have to traverse some steps to get the system up and running. Fortunately Normsoft hasspecifically around helping you get started streaming the web-based subscription streaming service for Sirius / XM radio to your iPhone. Here is a snip (note this is abridged, please check the for the entire setup procedure including troubleshooting!:
1. Go to the Sirius group in the “Groups” listing.
If you do not see the Sirius group, make sure you are using version 5.2.2 or higher and that you have updated the catalog (see this Knowledge Base article on how to manually update your catalog).
2. Tap on the station you want to play from the group
3. The first time you do this, you will see the login screen.
- Press the refresh button in the upper right corner of the screen (Sometimes Sirius returns an error your first login attempt, even if everything is correct, hitting refresh prevents that)
- Enter the username and password you use to access your Sirius channels on-line.
- Enter the appropriate security characters and tap “Sign In” (do not press “Go” on the keyboard, only use “Sign In” on the page)
4. Once you login, the station that you chose from the Sirius group should start to load and then play.
- You can leave the window up or press “Hide” to dismiss it. Either way the station will load
- Press “Now Playing” to go back to the main screen.
5. The station should start playing shortly and if you go to “Now Playing” you should see it listed there
6. Tapping the “Add to Favorites” icon will add the station to the “Web” section of your Favorites. Or you can access the station again in the Sirius group. Either way you can then load the station with one tap. Due to the unique way we support this type of station, Pocket Tunes will go to the Web tab but it will load the station automatically.
Once you go through those steps you should be all set! Once again – remember this is only possible with version 5.2.2 or newer, and make sure to carefully follow the steps on the product web site. Good luck and happy listening!
Also, Gear Diary’s own Larry Greenberg has an excellent video on YouTube showing how to get this going:
Image courtesy of