After a few hours of heavy use, the iPhone 3G S battery really gets spanked! The only way to make it through a long day is with external power – which is no problem as long as you’re by an outlet or USB port. If you aren’t deskbound, an external battery pack is the best way to go. I’ve been using the Mophie Air, and I love it; but even so, I’ve had days when it just couldn’t take me all the way through. USB Fever has two iPhone external battery holsters that are worth a look if you have little time or opportunity to recharge throughout the day…
The first is the Power Pack for iPhone 3G / 3Gs with additional USB Port for charging other USB Gadgets, a 2100 mAh external battery with a built-in USB port for recharging the iPhone as well as another mobile device. That could be pretty handy!
With this Power Pack for the iPhone 3G, you can enjoy your movies, music, phone calls and internet surfing without worrying about the battery running out! This portable charger can recharge your iPhone to 100% about one and half times when the this powerpack is fully charged!
This Power Pack can also charge other USB powered devices through it’s USB slot at the same time it’s charging your iPhone!! For example: a Blackberry, cameras, other phones, MyVu Media Viewers, MP3 Players etc!!
- Additional USB Port for charging other USB Gadgets
- RECHARGE via the most common interface – Mini USB 5 pin
- LED indicators for battery status
- Perfectly fit for your iPhone 3G / 3G S
- Recharge your iPhone in a convenient way
- Still access to key buttons and ports.
- You can still have it for Photo-taking (still can use your camera).
This accessory is compatible with:
- iPhone 3G (or 2.0) (see notes below)
- iPhone 2G (or 1.0)
- iPhone 3GS (for shipment on/after 28 June 2009)
- Capacity: 2100mAh
- Input: 5V, 500mA
- Output: 5V 500mA (max.)
The USB Fever Power Pack for iPhone 3G / 3Gs with additional USB Port for charging other USB Gadgets is $36.99.
The extended battery that has really caught my eye is the Super Charger for iPhone 3G / iPhone 3Gs. It has a whopping 3000 mAh, which is estimated to extend your talk time 8.5 hours, online time to 8.5 hours, and audio playback time 40 hours. So what if it looks like you are holding a shoe to your head when you use it – having one would be like carrying a power company in your bag!
- Super Capacity – 3000mAh, make your iPhone as a whole day partner.
- LED indicators (see notes below)
- No bulky, it extends a little bit at the bottom
- A great assistant to boost your iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS
- Protects your iPhone while extending your battery life
- Uses your own Apple cable (USB – Dock cable) to charge battery
- Black high-gloss finish (same material as your iPhone)
- NET Weight: 3.6 oz (105g)
- Capacity: 300 0mAh
- Measures: 4.5” x 2.6” x 0.9” (11.5 cm x 6.6 cm x 2.4 cm)
- Measures: 6.3″ long with iPhone attached
- Output voltage: DC 5.5V
- Output current: 500 mA
Estimated use time:
- Standby time: Up to 500 hours
- Talk time: Up to 8.5 hours
- Internet use: Up to 8.5 hours
- Wi-Fi: Up to 10 hours
- Audio play: Up to 40 hours
- Video play: Up to 11 hours
This accessory is suitable for:
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3G S
The closest thing I have seen to this capacity holster is the Case Mate Fuel, and it’s only 2300 mAh. Interestingly enough, this USB Fever holster uses the iPhone’s cable to recharge — not a micro or miniUSB — unlike other extended batteries I’ve used.
The USB Fever Super Charger for iPhone 3G / iPhone 3Gs is $59.99.