It is hard for many of my friends to believe that my first experience with The Sims was only a few months ago, when I grabbed The Sims 3 and played it for quite a while on my Mac before handing it off to my kids who have enjoyed it ever since. Now the first expansion pack has arrived in stores, and if the early reviews are any indication, things are off to a great start with the ever-expanding Sims franchise! The expansion, just like the initial game release, is compatible with both Mac and PC from the same DVD, and offers tons of new stuff to do and see! Read on to find out more!
Here is the info:
Take your Sims on the adventure of their lives with The SimsTM 3 World Adventures. Guide your Sims to acclaimed fortune—or potential doom. Take your Sims to exotic destinations to hunt for hidden treasures. Uncover new skills, experience new personality traits and garner rewards, if your Sims succeeds. Explore ancient tombs in the pyramids of Egypt, master martial arts in the Far East, and discover rich culture and famous landmarks in France. Go online for additional content and $10 worth of free SimPoints. Adventure is on the horizon — what will your Sims discover?
• Accept challenges, find treasures, discover what’s lurking in hidden caves and more.
• Explore famous landmarks in China, Egypt, and France.
• Learn new skills like photography and pursue new opportunities.
• Meet new Sims from exotic locations and share their cultures.
• Customize your Sims homes with new styles & artifacts from their adventures.
• Get $10 worth of free SimPoints for The Sims 3 Store as well as additional online features soon to be announced.
Note: this is an expansion, so you need The Sims 3 installed to play World Adventures. The list price is $39.99, but Amazon.com has it on sale for $28.99, an amazing $11 off on this new release!
So – have you played any of the Sims games in the past? How about The Sims 3 – have you played it yet, or are you planning to check it out soon? Add your thoughts to the comments!
Grab it now from Amazon.com or head on over to the for more info!