Have you ever needed to take a video, but had your hands full — literally — trying to record while shining a separate light? Ever taken some video at night only to find out you can’t make heads or tails out of what you actually recorded earlier? USBFever has finally solved this conundrum and launched a new product that marries an LED flashlight with a digital video recorder. This Flashlight DVR uses 1 large LED for long distance recording, plus 2 smaller LEDs for short distance recording. You’ll be able to record both audio and video in any type of environment. Use it as a torch light, video recorder, or even for personal safety – in case you need to whop someone upside the head with its precision tooled aluminum housing — which Gear Diary does not condone, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. And sometimes what you gotta do just has to be recorded on video.
Now you can get all the action right on video in this inconspicuous flashlight form. Perfect for the handy-claim-adjusting-neighborhood-watching-law-enforcer in your life. Full Specs, Sample Video, and wide array of uses after the jump!
This Flashlight DVR comes as a torch with 1 big LED (for long distance recording) and 2 small LEDs (for short distance recording) that you can record (video and audio) what you see in a dark environment and using it at a Super LED Torch.
- High Powered White LED Flashlight
- Dimmerable LED light for different scernarios
- Highly durable with precision tooled aluminum housing
- Compact Size and portable DVR System
- Built-in 4GB Flash Light (supports up to 32GB, see notes below)
- MPEG4 Video Recording (Video + Audio in AVI format)
- Built-in CMOS Color VGA Sensor (640×480)
- Support 2 Hours VGA Recording
- Night Vision support
- Backup using USB2.0 compatible interface
- Easy operation with one touch control
- Built-in Ni-MH Charger (12V input)
LED Light Modes:
- Spot Light (strong LED Light for far distance shooting)
- Dimmerable LED short distance shooting
How to get the video from the built-in Memory in the Torch?
- Just connect it with a Mini 5 pin USB to your computer, it will be prompted as one of disk in your computer, then you can drag all the files to the built-in memory card to your computer to clear it for next shooting.
- Trains and Planes
- Construction Sites
- Bridges and Infrastructure
- Utility Systems
- Manufacturing Processes
- Shoplifting Incidents
- Patron Removal Incidents
- Claims Adjustment
- Locker Searches
- Personnel Investigations
- Traffic Stops
- Searches and Seizures
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Street Apprehensions
- Drug Interdiction
MSRP: $226.99 via USBFever