You may remember our review of ScreamingToaster’s Wicked Blogging App back in September. I recently got the chance to meet the ScreamingToaster team — Nazmul and Izabel Idris — and they’ve got some big things in store for BlackBerry and Android fans (stay tuned to Gear Diary to get a full rundown!). One recent update has been the release of a Web Application for their popular and DulyNoted Pro mobile apps.
So, you ask, what is the big deal of having a web app for two existing BlackBerry/Android apps? The key is collaboration and usability. Geared towards the “prosumer” customer who uses their smartphones for both business and personal use, the application can be running on multiple devices and computers simultaneously. Your data is stored in “the cloud” so you never have to worry if you upgrade devices or end up having to reload your smartphone OS. As soon as you log in to your account, all of your settings and information is restored.
What’s great about the apps is that you can have 3 concurrent sessions open (say, 1 person making updates on the web app from their computer and two others making updates from their BlackBerry or Android smartphones). In this way, a group can share and update information real-time and the updates are shared across all open sessions. Read on for additional features and pricing.
Once you have purchased a license ($10 a year), you can run on any BlackBerry or Android smartphone as well as via the web. The great thing is that if you have a team of people collaborating on a project — or if you and your wife are just sharing a to-do list and need to update the information real-time — you can easily accomplish this with these apps.
Description of Features:
A few notes about the applications:
- You must already have a ScreamingToaster account created using the mobile app for MyListy, DulyNoted, or Wicked.
- You must have acquired a trial or paid license for MyListy Pro or DulyNoted Pro. If you have a license for either app, you will be able to manage both your lists and notes on the web.
- You can use any web browser on any computer to run the web app. It’s been tested on Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Chrome.
- Your lists + notes will be sync’d automatically between the Web app session and BlackBerry app sessions. You can log in from 2 BlackBerry devices + 1 Web browser, or 2 Web Browsers + 1 BlackBerry device. You can login with up to 3 concurrent sessions per user account.
- The Web App is geo-aware, and when you create a list or note, it will be geo-coded with the approximate location of the computer running the web app.
- If you are logged into MyListy and/or DulyNoted BlackBerry apps, you will be able to see if you are logged into the Web App as well (the # of sessions that you have active right now, is shown on the bottom of the main screen of the BlackBerry apps). You will also be able to see the approximate location of your Web App session in “who’s near me”.
Need a custom solution for your business? The site.is already growing their client list and customizing mobile application solutions for their client’s specific business needs — as well as providing mobile application development training and consultation. We’ll have more — including our interview with ScreamingToaster — available for Gear Diary readers very soon. In the meantime, be sure to check out their innovative solutions and services on their