For the last few years there has been strenuous debate about whether or not spending hours in front of Guitar Hero PRETENDING to play guitar was a waste of time when they could have been learning to play the actual guitar. Inspired Instruments was apparently listening and decided that rather than take sides, they would unveil a solution to meet BOTH needs – the You Rock Guitar! Read on for more details!
The You Rock Guitar™ features frets and strings, but is still a fully digital guitar. This means that you can use it to play Rock Band or Guitar Hero, plug it into your computer and jam along with stuff like Garage Band, or even make use of it as a full midi controller in production software like Digital Performer!
In addition to being the only video game controller with the
look and feel of an actual instrument (frets and strings instead of buttons and
paddles), the You Rock Guitar™ digital guitar:
· Never needs tuning
· Features real-feel play with 100 guitar sounds
· Offers USB connectivity for digital recording via computer
· Provides MIDI functionality to emulate the sound of virtually any instrument for creating music via popular programs like Garage Band, Finale, Acid on the PC or Mac
· Is portable and can be played anywhere
· Can be played via amplifiers, headphones, iPods and iPhones
· Eliminates the wrong notes for beginners via “You Rock Mode”
In order to use the same controller across all game systems:
The model’s GameFlex cartridge system enables one You Rock Guitar to be used for multiple video game consoles (Nintendo Wii, PlayStation and XBOX). These cartridges are available for around
Pricing is set at $179.95 and is set to launch in February 2010.
Here is a video of the You Rock in action!