Image courtesy of PRLog
Altec Lansing has been building digital powered audio systems for PCs and portable audio devices for more than a decade. Today they announce three new products to be shown at CES this week. The new products include an iPhone/iPod/MP3 docking station, a 2.1speaker system, and a new line of headphones called the MUZX DNA. All three products will be available to purchase in the near future. See more details on the new offerings after the break.
The iMT320 is the most compact portable speaker in the inMotion line. The speakers fold as small as a book for great portability and quality sound on the go. The iMT320 is compatible with all the latest iPhone and iPod versions including the iPhone 3GS. The portable design still packs great low-frequency response with dual drivers that deliver well balanced rich sound on the go. The unit is powered by either AC or battery and has a new leather-like cover that also doubles as a speaker stand. The controls are a new push button design that allow quick and easy adjustment. The compact will be available in Febrary 2010 for MSRP of $79.95
- “Works with iPhone” certification – Ensures crystal clear sound without annoying GSM buzz and avoids having to switch to “airplane mode”
- Improved contemporary design – Soft, leather like cover that doubles as a stand
- Front firing ports – Enhanced low-end sound
- AC or battery-operated – Runs off AC adapter or 4 AA batteries
- Folds as small as a book for easy portability – It’s the perfect music companion around the kitchen, bedroom, or workshop
- Input jack – 3.5mm jack for second device connection, including computers, CD, DVD, and MP3 players
The Octane Plus is the newest member of the computer speaker line. This new 2.1 system is designed for computer and laptops in addition to any CD, DVD, or MP3 players. This system is finely tuned for an entire range of multimedia including movies, gaming and music. The system consists of a 6.5″ subwoofer, a down-firing 3″ mid range, and dual 1″ micro drivers. The powerful custom designed subwoofer uses Altec’s musician tuned technology to provide you with the thunderous bass, explosions low range sound to all your multimedia. The mid range drivers are designed to blast the sound downward towards a hard surface to evenly distribute throughout your room to an all around well balanced sound. This setup was designed with a wide range of users in mind, the well balanced sound and compact design makes it suitable for all your games, movies and music. Available in the Spring for an MSRP of $79.95.
- Full, accurate sound – Two 1” micro-drivers and a down-firing 3” mid-range in each speaker deliver clear, full-spectrum sound
- Deep bass – 6 1/2” side-firing, long-throw woofer delivers low-frequency impact
- Bold, contemporary design – Designed to take up minimal space and increase sound dispersion
- Audio Alignment™ – Drivers, enclosure and electronics are balanced for optimum sound
- Control – Separate bass and treble controls allow you to fine tune audio
- Aux in jack – For MP3 players and second device connection, including CD and DVD players
Today 3 new headphones were released as part of the new MUZX DNA line. The XX, XY, and Mesh earphones are designed for a snug fit and geared for music and multimedia. These headphones offer superb performance at an outstanding price point. These new designs are fashion friendly and offer ultimate comfort for only $19.95 (MSRP). The Mesh offers a streamlined profile designed for all day music listeners who wear their headphones constantly. The XX are a more female friendly design with a low profile fit and soft colors. The XY combines the neckband style with the audio quality of in ear tips. An innovative ball joint design on one ear allows a behind the head second earpiece for full motion freedom. All three models use 9mm drivers for a full ranged, balanced sound. The headphones are designed for comfort with snug fit tips and ample cable length. The entire MUZX line will be available in March 2010.
Via Altec Lansing