One of the main reasons I do not use a scanner much is that they are big and cumbersome. Most are part of a printer all-in-one package and are confined to a desktop somewhere in a home. I do not do much home desktop work. Most all computing for me is done on the run with a laptop. These scanners all come with special software to scan a document and picture that usually is not always the best to use. Once scanned, the image is tucked away and must be dug up to use with another application.
Announced at Macworld Expo, the Doxie erases all of these scanning issues. Doxie is an ultra-portable scanning solution that is integrated with your favorite cloud and desktop applications. Read the entire press release after the break.
DOXIE DEBUTS AT MACWORLD EXPO 2010: ʻThe amazing scanner for documentsʼ scans paper and photos directly to the cloud; now available for pre-order, $129 for Mac+PC
SAN FRANCISCO, CA @ Macworld Expo 2010 (February 11th, 2010) — Doxie, the modern paper scanner that scans directly to the cloud, launched today at Macworld Expo. For home and small business, Doxie makes scanning, sharing, and organizing paper and photos easy for just $129, with a lightweight, portable design built for scanning anywhere.
“Doxie is an entirely new kind of paper scanner, with a patented design that makes scanning your documents and photos more affordable than ever,” said Travis J. Hicks, chief operating officer. “From bills and invoices to photos, business documents, taxes, schoolwork, clippings, recipes, drawings, and everything in-between, Doxie makes scanning and sharing anything on paper amazingly simple.”
At an ultra-light 10.9 ounces, Doxie is built to travel – scan with any PC or Mac with just one connection. Doxie makes scanning and sharing paper and photos easy – simple, USB powered, and automatic, Doxie creates crisp, clean scans in full color. Doxie integrates directly with popular desktop and web apps like Google Docs, Flickr, iPhoto, Tumblr, Picnik, Evernote, Picasa, and Backpack. A single button – Doxieʼs Heart Button – makes sharing anything on paper fast and seamless.
Doxieʼs features include:
• Color scanning at up to 600 dpi with automatic page detection
• Lightweight, ultra-portable design with included case
• Doxieʼs Heart Button: innovative multi-action button for one press scanning and sharing
• Included software for simple scanning and direct cloud sharing
• Direct integration with popular desktop and web apps like Google Docs, Picasa, and more
• Free Doxieʼs Cloud service for turning paper into postable URLs for instant sharing
• Automatic cropping, rotation, contrast, and image cleanup for crisp, clean scans
• Advanced photo editing with direct support for the Picnik online photo editing suite
• Save as PDF, JPEG, or lossless PNG
• Fully accessorized with cloud scanning software, USB cable, guide, leatherette case, photo scanning sleeves, and a pack of six designer skins
Pricing & Availability
Doxie is now available for pre-order at a groundbreaking price of $129, direct from
www.getdoxie.com. Initial shipments begin March 30th, 2010. Doxie is available to ship to the United States, Canada, Europe, Japan, and Australia. Doxie will enter international distribution and localization beginning in Q2 2010. System requirements are Mac OS X 10.5 or later, or Windows XP/Vista/7; one free USB 2.0 port.
The first Doxie software release will support these web apps: Backpack, Evernote, Flickr, Google Docs, Picasa, Picnik, Scribd, Tumblr, Twitter, and the free Doxieʼs Cloud service. Local app support includes iPhoto, Acrobat, Preview, Photoshop, and iChat on Mac OS X; Acrobat and Windows Photo Viewer on PCs; or direct save as PDF, JPEG, or lossless PNG.
For complete product information, or to place an order, visit: http://www.getdoxie.com