Tech, Autos, & Gear in Layman's Terms Since 2006

182

October 26, 2010 • Reviews

Gear Diary Deal or Dud #7: The Bacon Wave

Cooking bacon at home often presents challenges.  If you cook it on top of the stove you’re left to deal with the large amount of grease that continually builds up in the pan while cooking.  If you go the microwave route you’re dealing with paper towels and are limited by the amount you can cook at one time.

The As Seen On TV Bacon Wave promises an easy and efficient way to cooking large quantities of bacon with simple clean up.

The product claims to uniformly cook up to 14 slices at one time as well as lower both calories, cholesterol and fat.

This month I put the Bacon Wave to the Gear Diary test.  Is the product a Deal or Dud?

Watch the video below to find out – then head to the product’s web site to learn more.

6 Responses to " Gear Diary Deal or Dud #7: The Bacon Wave "

1. FuzzyCat says:

WTF are you doing to that bacon in the picture? Good grief you are unbelievable bacon amateurs. Put foil at the bottom of a grill pan and grill the bacon. Once the fat has cooled you can wrap it in the foil and throw it away.

Fuzzy ‘bacon’ Cat

2. Larry Greenberg says:

@FuzzyCat – take a deep breath. I didn’t take that picture – it’s a random stock picture. But thanks for the cooking tip.

3. Aura Mae says:

pour those drippings into a tupperware container and keep it in the fridge. next time a recipe calls for shortening, use the solid bacon fat instead. 🙂

4. Daniel Chow says:

Gear Diary Deal or Dud #7: The Bacon Wave http://goo.gl/fb/dmmXh #ipad

5. breley says:

I had a coworker, now at Intel, who for a while used this at work. We got after him because it was no fair cooking bacon during work hours…too distracting. 😉

I agree with Aura Mae. I’ve cooked bacon many ways, but prefer frying it in a cast iron skillet. Messy, smokey…all true, but IMHO bacon comes out best that way. I fry in batches, and pour off the fat as it builds up into a container, then either refrigerate it or freeze it. It’s a key ingredient in frying chicken
    for my cassoulet recipe. Regarding its health aspects, all things in moderation.

6. Chattertrap says: