The time has come. The 3DS Ambassador Program has arrived to compensate previous Nintendo 3DS owners who bought the handheld at $250 instead of the current $170. A total of 20 free downloadable game will be offered with the first 10 Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) games available today. The next 10 will be available by the end of 2011 and will include Game Boy Advance downloadable games. Check out the following current program list below:
- Balloon Fight
- Donkey Kong Jr.
- Ice Climber
- The Legend of Zelda
- NES Open Tournament Golf
- Super Mario Bros.
- Wrecking Crew
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
Save states and digital instruction manuals will reportedly be offered in the future.
How to Determine if You Are a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador
- Nintendo 3DS owners are eligible for the Ambassador Program if they connected to the Nintendo eShop or performed the latest system update before 11:59pm Eastern August 11, 2011.Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Eligibility
To verify that you are eligible for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program, enter the serial number in the box below. The serial number for a Nintendo 3DS is located on the bottom of the system – just below the barcode – and starts with the letters CW followed by 9 digits. (Be sure to include the “CW” as well as the last number in the box.)
How Do I Download Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Games?
Important Note! The games are available only to systems that are eligible for the Ambassador Program. For more information, click here
- From the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu, select the Nintendo eShop icon.
- Scroll left and select “Settings / Other.”
- Scroll down and select “Your Downloads” to view a list of transactions.
- The NES game will be listed here once it is available to download.
- Tap “Redownload,” then “Download.”
- The game will now be downloaded to the SD Card.How to Accept the Ambassador Certificate
Important Note! If you delete the Ambassador Ticket or associated Extra Data, or the touch screen says “Don’t Receive Notifications,” you will not receive updates on the Ambassador Program.
What to Do:
- Download the Ambassador Certificate from the Nintendo eShop. (How To)
- Select the icon to unwrap it and tap “Open.”
- A message will scroll across the upper screen in English, Spanish, and French.
- Tap “Notifications” then “Receive.”
- The button should now say “Receive Notifications.”