I like to check out the websites and social pages of some of the companies we follow regularly, to see if there is something new and not yet announced that might be worth reviewing. Once in a while I come across a quiet “soft launch,” which was the case this afternoon. I went over to Skooba Design’s Facebook page and, lo and behold, they are pre-launching a new, and as yet unannounced, bag — The Laptop Weekender V.3 Duffel. It looks awesome!
If you read the site you know I love my Skooba V3 Tablet Messenger. It is a great bag and I use it quite frequently. The new (actually “coming soon”) bag is a hybrid laptop/carry-on travel bag that draws on the same design elements as the rest of Skooba’s V.3 line. And, just as importantly, it comes with the same thoughtful design that is a hallmark of Skooba’s bags.
Here’s what the site has to say about it:
• Unique hybrid laptop/travel carry-on bag holds a day or two of clothing, plus laptop and portable electronics, fits any standard overhead compartment
• More than a dozen pockets, compartments and organizers in all hold clothing and travel necessities, laptop, iPad/tablet and other gadgets, accessories and more
• Designed to hold all popular 15” laptops, and will hold some larger screen sizes, depending on overall laptop dimensions (laptop section interior is 15” x 11.5” x 1”)
• Includes our incredible, patented Superbungee™ shoulder strap — for more shock absorption and carrying comfort than you’ve ever experienced
• The perfect leisure travel bag — lets you carry and protect your laptop without having to bring a separate business case
And here are a few images I grabbed from the product page.
The product page is up and you can even pre-order one for $179.95. That certainly isn’t inexpensive but for a bag this well-designed and from a quality company like Skooba, I suspect it is a bag that will last a long, long time..
Of course we hope to have a review sample when the begin to ship.