When it comes to the world of DJs, whether stage performers like Skrillex or people pumping tunes at the local club, there seems to be a common name I hear when it comes to DJ controllers: Pioneer. Their CDJ series has all of the features a demanding pro could hope for in a portable and rugged package at a reasonable price.
But for those starting off that ‘reasonable price’ is still too high, which for many means compromising and getting something that lacks features you need or lacks the build quality Pioneer delivers.
Now Pioneer has stepped up with an affordable controller that offers loads of features at an amazing $399 price point. Here are a few key points:
· With a suggested retail price of $399, it’s Pioneer’s cheapest controller to date
· Makes it easy for beginners to learn how to mix with built-in effects and features
· An ultra-compact, all-in-one, USB-powered system so no external power supply is needed
· Enables consumers and music fans alike to mix their own music creatively
· Performs music stored on a Windows PC or Mac
· Comes in five different colors
With more and more younger teens aspiring to become professional DJs and needing something affordable by full-features, the DDJ-WeGO hits the sweet spot. While most kids will still aspire to one of the higher systems such as the CDJ2000-Nexus, the DDJ-WeGO delivers the features a beginner needs to make great music and learn the skills of the professional DJ.
Here are even more details:
LONG BEACH, Calif. (August 30, 2012) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today unveiled its most affordable controller to date, the DDJ-WeGO, an ultra-compact system that enables consumers and music enthusiasts alike to mix their own music creatively. For easy setup, the DDJ-WeGO is bundled with the Virtual DJ™ Limited Edition DJ software and has the ability to perform music stored on a Windows PC or Mac.
The DDJ-WeGO is available in five body colors, white, black, red, green and violet, to match a user’s individual taste. The unit also features multi-color LED backlighting for the Jog wheel, and the user interface of the included software can be color customized.
“We wanted to develop a product that anyone can simply pick up and start their quest of becoming the next big DJ,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Even if you have no experience in DJing, the DDJ-WeGO is designed to make it easy for you to mix songs together.”
Mixing Made Easy
Through various visual and audio cues, the DDJ-WeGO DJ controller makes it easy for beginners to learn how to mix with built-in effects and features:
· Jog FX – Allows users to combine multiple effects and control them simultaneously using the Jog wheel.
· Pulse Control – Provides users with visual prompts with a variety of colored lights on the Jog platters:
o Mix Pulse – The mix pulse mode shows the difference in pitch of songs currently playing through the light of the Jog wheel. As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of the light increases, allowing the user to visually check that the beats are in sync. In conjunction with the music, the pulse of lights helps to improve beat matching skills.
o Launch Pulse – Triggers a red light on the Jog wheel to signify that music has been loaded successfully.
o FX Pulse – The effect being applied to the currently playing song will not only be heard, but will also be represented visually via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
· DJ Software – The DDJ-WeGO is bundled with the “Virtual DJ Limited Edition” software by Atomix Productions (Windows or Mac) that offers a broad range of functions for mixing songs, including making loops and creating samples, as well as the ability to mix up to four channels for unlimited user creativity and mixes. The DDJ-WeGO has the ability to support other DJ software including Algoriddim “djay.”1
· USB Power – The DDJ-WeGO utilizes power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
· Other features
o Built-in audio ports for high quality sound input and output.
o Built-in sound card for expanded music storage and portability.
o Compact size and weighs less than four pounds for easy transportation.
As noted the DDJ-WeGO is going to have a suggested retail price of $399, and will be available in September 2012.
Here is a video of the DDJ-WeGO in action:
Categories: Music Diary