Are you excited for the Star Trek: Into Darkness film opening on May 17th of this year? The teaser trailers have been intriguing and suggested an intensity beyond what the first ‘reboot’ showed us a few years ago. To help fans get ready, a new app for the movie is available for iOS or Android, boasting interactivity with content and a constant release of new material as the movie gets closer to release. In fact, the first ‘surprise’ will unlock during the second quarter of the ‘big game’ (since they can’t say Super Bowl) on Sunday February 3rd.
Here are some of the app features:
- Location based experiences that the app will suggest.
- Audio scan functionality that will offer rewards for users watching content related to Star Trek: Into Darkness.
- Image scan functionality allowing you to interact with images based on the movie
- ‘Exclusive’ content such as videos, images, wallpapers, and more will be delivered directly to your smartphone
- ‘Exclusive opportunities and special offers’ will be available only to app users
If this sounds more like a marketing campaign than an app, then you pass the reading comprehension test! In fact, I call the last feature the ‘Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine’ feature! But isn’t that the point? You wouldn’t grab this app unless you were already excited for the movie, so this just gives you more content and some cool features to keep you going until May.