While more and more of us do quick edits of photos and videos captured by our smartphones ON our smartphones, when you need more than that Adobe offers the easy to use and incredibly powerful Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements software, which has just hit release version 12. The Photoshop & Premiere Elements 12 bundle is priced at US$149.99.
There are a load of new features in each release, but one key focus in version 12 is mobility. They want to continue to deliver the best budget desktop software experience on Mac and PC, but also tie into the market for users who want to maximize efficiency across desktop and mobile platforms. Each improves the ease of quickly editing and sharing photos and videos online across a wide array of platforms without sacrificing the power users expect.
Here are some details from Adobe on each piece of software:
Easily Create and Share Sensational Photos with Photoshop Elements 12 with new features and tools that include: • Mobile Access – With Elements Mobile Albums, customers always have access to their precious memories. Powered by Adobe Revel*, people can view, edit and share their photos and videos seamlessly on their smartphones, tablets and desktop devices whether at home or on-the-go.
• Content-Aware Move – This exclusive Adobe technology lets customers easily move objects within a photo and automatically fills in resulting empty spaces.
• Pet Eye Correction – Added in response to customer requests, Pet Eye provides an easy solution to the problem of flash reflection in animals’ eyes, which is not addressed by Red Eye correction technology.
• Auto Smart Tone – Exclusive intelligent software that learns a customer’s editing preferences, resulting in one-click adjustments based on their choices, which gets better the more you use it.
• Quick Frames, Effects and Textures – One-click photo frames, effects and textures, inspired by the most popular looks customers have been creating in Expert mode.
• Guided Edits – Step-by-step instructions to create Zoom Burst and Photo Puzzle effects, as well as Restore Old Photo, which enable users to restore damaged or old photos.
• Straighten Tool – Now fills in missing edges through the use of exclusive Content-Aware technology.
• Share to Twitter – Share a photo with a tweet on Twitter.
• 64-bit support for Mac – Allows for more efficient use of your computers’ built in memory, maximizing performance and enabling larger image files and videos to be edited quickly.
Create Unforgettable Movies with ease with Premiere Elements 12. New features and tools include: • Guided Edits – Step-by-step navigation on how to get started, trim frames, add scores, transitions, titles and narrations, as well as animating graphics and creating pictures within pictures.
• Scores – More than 50 soundtracks that automatically regenerate to fit the duration of a clip, making it easy to create home movies with perfectly timed intros, outros and background music.
• Sound Effects – More than 250 effects that add excitement and dimension to audio tracks.
• Auto Smart Tone – The same exclusive technology found in Photoshop Elements 12, for video.
• Film Looks – Four new filters to add stylized Hollywood flare to home movies including Comic, Trinity, Yesteryear and Cross Process.
• Motion tracking – Spotlight your subject by adding graphics, text and effects that move with the object.
*Adobe Revel is an app available for iOS and Windows devices. The app is free for up to 50 photo or video uploads per month.
Pricing is $99.99 for each software product, with upgrade pricing of $79.99 each. The Photoshop Elements 12 & Premiere Elements 12 bundle is priced at $149.99, with upgrade pricing of $119.99.