I loved using the Plantronics Discovery 975 and only stopped when I moved to the Plantornics Voyager and then, more recently, the Plantronics Voyager Legend. The latter remains my mono-headset of choice although the brand new Plantronics Voyager Edge may change that. With the design of the Discovery the Voyager Edge is Plantronics’ most advanced headset yet!
Voyager Edge looks like a simple Bluetooth headset but packs advanced technology to make calls amazingly clear. It includes proprietary noise- and wind-cancellation so conversations take place with as much clarity as possible. A charging case protects the headset when not in use while also adding talk-time to a headset that already offered hours of use. Advanced features such as voice commands and Smart Sensors let you answer calls by simply saying “Answer” or placing the headset on your ear. The Voyager Edge even announces the name of incoming callers.
As Jan Caldarella, senior category manager, Mobile Communications at Plantronics explains,
Always-on-the-go mobile users may answer a call in a cab, take it out on the street, and not say their goodbyes until they’ve finished their latte at the coffee shop – they need reliable audio that effortlessly handles transitions, much like they do. Voyager Edge is the perfect companion to any smartphone, offering premium features in a stylish, intelligent earpiece.
I’ve had a preview unit of the Voyager Edge for a few days and while I am not ready to offer a full review I can say that I am impressed with the headset’s comfort and sound quality. Conversations are clear and people on the other side don’t seem to realize I am on a headset.
- Portable charging case: The protective rechargeable case tops up the earpiece battery, adding up to 10 more hours of talk time, features touch-sensitive controls, and shows the charge status of both headset and case.
- Noise-cancellation: Multiple microphones and signature Plantronics audio technology eliminate disruptive background noise so your caller hears the speaker, not their surroundings.
- Smart Sensor technology: Responsive sensors intuitively direct calls to the phone or headset, pause music for incoming calls, and automatically answer calls as the wearer places the headset on their ear.
- Voice commands and audio alerts: Allows wearers to use their voice to answer or ignore calls, check battery level, connection status, and more. And Voyager Edge announces the incoming caller’s name – no need to look at the phone to check who is calling.
- Language options: Personalize Voyager Edge with a language of choice by simply selecting a preferred language during the set-up process.
- Always-Ready Battery life: Charging via MicroUSB, the Voyager Edge headset provides up to six hours of talk time, or up to 16 hours with the portable charging case.
- Locate your headset using free app: Download the free Find MyHeadset app for Android phones and send a tone to hear the nearby headset or track last usage on a map using BackTrack feature. (Available for iOS in Spring.)
The Voyager Edge will be available this April in Carbon Black, Slate Grey and Glacial White for an MSRP of $129.99. We have one in hand so keep an eye out for our video review.
Learn more at Plantronics.com.