STM Bags offers an impressive array of different bags and cases to help protect your gear. One of their newest products is the STM Bags Drifter Laptop Backpack. I’ve been using it on and off for a couple of weeks, and I am impressed. Don’t let its relaxed, casual looks fool you, this is a serious laptop backpack!
This backpack comes in three different colors and is designed to hold a ton of gear. This includes a 15″ laptop, a tablet, a phone, and assorted other items. It has an impressive 18L capacity, so you’ll have more than enough room for your electronics and pretty much anything else you might want to carry. As STM Bags explains:
The STM Bags Drifter Laptop Backpack is like your favorite pair of cargo pants; easy to wear, pockets in all the right places and comfortable to boot. A hint of retro design yet space for all the daily tech needs. Room for work docs, gym gear, lunch, umbrella, water bottle, etc. It’s a thoughtful pack – lightweight despite its size and capacity. The drifter is the perfect carry for a 15” laptop, tablet, phone and all necessities of everyday life or world travel.
STM Bags Drifter Laptop Backpack Video Look
- Three zippered front panel pockets:
- - Top soft lined pocket for sunglasses or phone
- - Middle for keys, wallet or other sundries
- - Bottom for pens, biz cards, travel docs
- Top load main compartment reveals a 15″ padded laptop cell that will hold most 14-16″ laptops)
- Slip tablet pocket with cord and battery storage
- See-through zippered pocket to hold all the doo-dads that tend to get lost otherwise
- Plenty of main compartment capacity for books, shoes, clothing, etc.
- Reflective light loop for better night safety
- Side water bottle pockets with compression straps
- Padded and contoured shoulder straps with sternum strap for a comfortable carry
- Quick grab haul loop
- 3D foam mesh back panel with air-flow channel for comfort on hotter days
- Integrated luggage pass through secures the bag to the handle of your wheeled luggage
- Bottom zip pocket holds detachable rain cover in case of a sudden downpour
- Durable yet super light aluminum zipper pulls with large, #10 self-repairing YKK® zippers
- Water resistant 320D brushed poly main fabric with 640D reinforced bottom fabric
I initially thought this backpack would be too casual for me to use. It is casual, but it is designed so well and is such a pleasure to carry that I find myself grabbing it most days right now. With so many bags from which to choose, that says a lot. If you are in the market for a new backpack that can carry your laptop, tablet and assorted other items, and you don’t feel like taking yourself too seriously, then you’ll want to check the STM Bags Drifter Laptop Backpack out. Learn more and order yours here.
What I Like: Looks light a light, relaxed bag but is made to last; Protects laptops and tablets quite well; An amazing amount of storage and good organization; Comfortable to carry and use
What Needs Improvement: May be a bit too casual for some people
Source: Manufacturer supplied review sample