This morning Sprint announced their exclusive new HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition. Also announced were Sprint Sound Sessions, a premium package of music and privileges and six months free of Spotify Premium for all new and existing postpaid Sprint customers. Sprint also said that they will will make it easier to join a Framily. No, that’s not a typo.
Let me clear up the Framily thing before I tell you about the other items. Sprint’s Family plans are for friends and family, hence the word-scramble. Sprint will begin offering a no-credit-check option when customers
- sign up for a Sprint Framily Plan
- purchase a Sprint certified pre-owned device
- activate an existing Sprint phone
- or choose to pay full price for their phone.
Okay! So about that new HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition!
By now you should be familiar with the new HTC One (M8); Carly bought one, and she loves it. Sprint has upped the ante on the phone that Carly considers the best smartphone ever with their introduction of the HTC One® (M8) Harman Kardon® edition . You’ll be able to get your spiffy new black and champagne phone at www.sprint.com or by calling 1-800-SPRINT1, starting May 2. They will also be available in Sprint stores starting on Friday, May 9. You’ll even be able to get them at www.crutchfield.com andwww.wwstereo.com.
The device features:
- a full 5-inch HD (1080p) screen
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 801, 2.3GHz quad-core CPU
- Duo Camera™ using the innovative HTC UltraPixel module and depth sensor, a dual flash, 1080p HD video recording
- access to “world phone” global connectivity
- Sprint Spark for blazing speeds and crystal-clear HD Voice performance
With Sprint Easy Pay, well-qualified buyers can purchase HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition with $0 down (plus tax) and 24 monthly payments of $28.34; or $229.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade.
When you buy the HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition from Sprint, as a bonus you’ll be able to buy the $399.99 Harman Kardon Onyx Studio (which is exclusively available from Sprint) for just $99.99. Dan recently reviewed the Onyx, and this is what he had to say about it:
Today Sprint also announced their new “national entertainment platform”, Sprint Sound Sessions, which will be at the core of their new premium music and privileges packages for their customers.
Sprint Sound Sessions includes:
- Spotify – Sprint is giving customers access to Spotify’s catalogue of more than 20 million songs. Spotify allows users to play music on demand, create playlists, discover new music, share tracks with their friends, listen to songs offline, and listen to music without ads across multiple devices.
- Sprint Music Plus – Sprint’s official music store and player for music tracks, albums, ringtones and ringback tones.
- Music Live – an immersive and interactive experience that is continuously updated with the latest music news, current hits, new music and featured services. The “always-on” live experience enables customers to discover and engage with services that include Spotify, Music News Feed, Top Songs, NextRadio (FM Radio) – Music Downloads, Ringback Tones, Ringtones and ID-a-Song services.
- NextRadio – an application for listening to local FM broadcasts on customers’ smartphones.
Sprint Sound Sessions will also include premium access to streaming music services, premium and discounted access to live music events, exclusive performance recordings, and advanced access to new artist releases. Sprint Sound Sessions will constantly evolve, combining benefits and exclusive opportunities that make music more accessible, memorable, and ultimately more satisfying for Sprint customers.
And as a bonus,
Sprint will offer six months free of Spotify Premium for all new and existing postpaid Sprint customers (excluding Corporate Liable) who are on a Sprint Framily plan and have an Android smartphone, iPhone, Windows 8/8.1 smartphone, including the groundbreaking HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition. Customers not on a Framily plan can enjoy Spotify free for three months.
So there you have it. If you are interested in an HTC one, and Sprint has good coverage in your area, then you might just want to go pick up Sprint’s new HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition. The phone is fab, and the $200 savings on the Harman Kardon Onyx is pretty sweet, too!