If you are an Audi enthusiast and in the market for a new Audi, you are in for a treat. Audi today announced they would be including the MMX computing module based on the NVIDIA Tegra Visual Computing Module in select models starting in 2013. This latest iteration of the Audi MIB will [...]
Being in the tech industry, I have to say that I do get a wee bit tired of hearing management and marketing talk about how “We have to integrate better with social media!” It’s not that they’re wrong about it; they’re not. It’s just that since I’m in the tech industry, I’ve been hearing about [...]
Telenav has just launched Scout, an iPhone app which they are calling the “first daily personal navigator that seamlessly works across the web, smartphones, and in-car systems – offering users an easy and consistent experience no matter where they are. As Telenav explains, Most people still start their searches from their home or office. In [...]
Garmin, who seem to be going like gangbusters lately (including the addition of Navigon to their lineup last year) have released a preview of what they are showing at CES this week. In their press release they are announcing some new and update products including: – Garmin Smartphone Link is the first Android app that [...]
I needed a car a few weeks ago. That opened the door to my getting some of the neat technology we have seen and reviewed here on the site built into the car. Here was the Gear Diary editors backroom chatter. Judie: Question: What color? Answer: black Question: 2 or 4 door? Answer: 4 [...]
When we needed a new car last week one thing was clear- I wanted to lease one with all the technological bells and whistles I could find. After all, I’ve been whining and complaining about not having integrated Bluetooth and navigation in my car and my mechanic, and Elana, had been hearing a refrain of [...]
Here’s just one small indicator of how much things have changed over the past few years. One of our cars died and is on its way to the junkyard. Prior to having it shipped off we cleared out the glove box. Buried deep inside with these relics of travels past. Me, “hmmm, New car has [...]
Smartphones and tablets are “category killers” that have decimated numerous standalone products. As I have written previously, from one perspective the iPhone and the iPad are like “Rorschach devices”. They are “blank slates” (pun totally intentional) that can take the form and function of a wide range of devices depending on whatever software they are [...]
The increasing reach of smartphones has called into question the usefulness of many dedicated devices, from music and video players, to compact cameras, and of course the ever-useful GPS. With GPS and turn-by-turn navigation almost standard equipment on Android devices, and the prevalence of iPhones, one could be forgiven for retiring their trusty nav and [...]
I’ll admit it. I’m tough on my electronic devices – especially my phones. After a couple of years with me the cases are usually scuffed and marked. Amazingly, I’ve been lucky and not had major problems with screen scratches (even though I do NOT use screen protectors). I think my phones survive, however, because I [...]
Image courtesy of Rightway Portable GPS units are a dime a dozen these days; I think I even saw them for sale the last time I ran in to the local 7-11 for a slurpee. A few years ago I remember the GPS boom with the 3.5″ TomTom’s flying on the shelves on Black Friday [...]
Navigon’s latest entry into the increasingly crowded sat-nav market looks to be a cracker with a 4.3” display, Bluetooth hands-free phone and a sleek design that makes it easy to hide away when not in use. In my two week test of the Navigon 6300, it really impressed! Out of the box you get everything [...]
Image courtesy of Rightway GPS It’s hard to find a vehicle now days that doesn’t have a GPS mounted to the dash or windshield. Sometimes I wonder how we even made it anywhere before cheap consumer based GPS units stocked the shelves of Best Buy. Well RightWay GPS has announced a new addition to the [...]
Photo courtesy of Slashgear Motorola brings a whole new lineup to CES with some new phones and accessories. Their biggest announcement comes to us as the Motorola Backflip with MOTOBLUR. This new Multimedia powerhouse brings all the latest features in an Android smartphone with the addition of the MOTOBLUR content delivery service. MOTOBLUR organizes all [...]
Since its initial release, I’ve been suggesting that people watch the Mobile Maps products from Sygic. They had an interesting approach to navigation software and they seem very committed to making their products better. Now they’ve released Mobile Maps North America version 8.01 and refreshed the look and feel of parts of the app. Lets [...]
- Phiaton MODERNA MS 200 Earphones Spring Cleaning Giveaway March 31, 2013
- Apple Lightning Connector Broken Inside iPad Mini Port – Eeek! March 2, 2013
- Monster Diamond Tears Headphones Giveaway May 7, 2013
- Win a Seagate Backup Plus on Tax Day April 12, 2013
- Facebook Phone Event, What Do You Think? April 4, 2013
- Pebble E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android Review April 20, 2013
- Confessions of a Doctor Who Newbie April 27, 2013
- Sony NEX-6 Smart Remote Control in 90 Seconds May 20, 2013
- Budd Coates Teaches ‘Running On Air’ – The Monday Mile May 20, 2013
- Kinivo BTX350 Digital Wireless Speaker Review May 20, 2013
- Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition Amazon Exclusive Deals May 20, 2013
- team & marke Launches Fläzbag Tablet Pillow Stand May 20, 2013
- Toddy Screensters Clean Your Screen with Character May 20, 2013
- Zact Debuts Industry’s First Smart Mobile Service with “Never Overpay Guarantee” May 20, 2013
- David Min: I couldn't resist this deal, although my brother ...
- Sherrlyn: I ordered this case and couldn't get it on withou...
- 2013 Lexus ES 350 and ES 300h Launch | AutoworldToday: [...] http://geardiary.com/2012/06/29/first-drive-...
- 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek | AutoworldToday: [...] http://geardiary.com/2012/07/13/first-drive-...
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 | AutoworldToday: [...] http://geardiary.com/2012/07/30/das-2013-mer...
- 2012 Audi A6 | AutoworldToday: [...] By autoworlddavid January 4, 2013 http://...
- 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid | AutoworldToday: [...] http://geardiary.com/2012/08/21/two-words-ca...