Do you have a GPS in your car? I do, and sometimes it gets to be too much in traffic; between stop and go, lights, construction, and the sound of my GPS droning away, it can become a bit overwhelming. I’ve even been known to threaten to throw the yappy thing out the window a [...]
Amber Alert GPS is a tiny matchbox sized GPS device used to track the movement of your child. According to the manufacturer you slip the GPS into your child’s backpack (or other article that stays with them) and can then track their location for up to 24 hours. There’s also several interesting features like speed, [...]
This is the tale of how I almost stopped using my iPhone as a GPS unit and how the right app and a better idea of how to use it changed my mind. Here is what happened. When the iPhone gained its GPS capabilities I was excited to use is for navigation. Using Google maps [...]
At one of my former jobs, my then-manager once told me that a cousin of his had suddenly died from an asthma attack. Saddened as I was for his loss, I became more concerned about my own wife, who suffers from asthma as well (the adult onset type, or as she likes to call it [...]
The following is a review submitted by Nan Palmero – Chief Inspiration Officer at SalesBy5. Telenav, as most of you may know, is the software behind many of the branded GPS applications found on AT&T Navigator and Sprint Navigation. The Telenav Shotgun is their first entrance into the crowded stand alone GPS space. Fortunately, though, [...]
One thing that I saw come out of CES was this cool little Z10 projector from Nextar; it literally fits in the palm of your hand. This little projector is capable of 640×480 and is based on LCOS technology. LCOS, or Liquid Crystal on Silicon, is the technology being used in most micro projectors and [...]
I am a GPS nut, and I have been since I won my first one, a Garmin GPS-12 at the Dayton Hamvention as a door prize. That Garmin had no maps in it, but fortunately it’s almost unheard of to not have included maps on a GPS unit these days. So what makes the Nextar [...]
I have had a few different GPS units over the years. My first was a Garmin GPS 12 which didn’t have any road maps or anything else; it was much more appropriate to use in the forest, but I used it everywhere and even hooked it to a laptop so I could get maps. It [...]
Right out of the box I could not believe how compact and lightweight the new T30 portable media player from Nextar is.
Review: Navigon 2100 Max For Those Times When You Know Where You Are Going, But Just Need Some Help Getting There.
Can you folks believe that it is July already? Here we are deep in the heart of summer vacation season. You probably have places to go (or come home from) and Navigon aims to get you there and back again. Their latest GPS, the 2100 Max is the perfect portable navigation system for the intrepid [...]
The Dash Express Two-Way Internet-Connected Portable GPS Navigator exploded overnight onto many online blogs – prompting blogger Jason Calacanis to proclaim it “Best Product of 2008“. In case you missed the hoopla around this release, the Dash Express is your typical automative GPS guidance system with two innovative features. First, it includes a WIFI and [...]
When I bought my new car in September 2007 I knew I would be keeping it for a few years, so I decided that I was going to take the plunge, and build a Car PC like those that I had read about on the MP3Car.com forums. The computer would replace the standard audio system, [...]
The first time that I ever used a Global Positioning System (GPS) unit was back in 1996-97 while in Denver, Colorado. For $10.00 extra, I upgraded to the optional GPS feature in my Hertz rental car, which turned out to be a fun experience that got me from point A to B in a new [...]
Ever wanted to spy or follow someone without their knowledge like they do in TV shows? All you need is a WM Phone with GPS and a data connection! Plant this in their car and you can follow their every move� GPSGate is a small piece of software that you install on your Windows Mobile [...]
If you’ve been following my GPS reviews at pocketnow.com, you’ll remember that I can’t find my way out a wet paper bag with a fork and a flashlight.� I have a really horrible sense of direction.� Its shameful… it truly is.� But whaddya gonna do? It is what it is. A little while ago, I [...]
- Phiaton MODERNA MS 200 Earphones Spring Cleaning Giveaway March 31, 2013
- The iPhone Doldrums – I Think I’m Ready for Something Different May 21, 2013
- Apple Lightning Connector Broken Inside iPad Mini Port – Eeek! March 2, 2013
- Monster Diamond Tears Headphones Giveaway May 7, 2013
- Win a Seagate Backup Plus on Tax Day April 12, 2013
- Facebook Phone Event, What Do You Think? April 4, 2013
- Pebble E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android Review April 20, 2013
- World Tarot Week? World Tarot Day? What?! May 23, 2013
- Baofeng UV-5RA Review – Can a $50 Ham Radio Be Any Good? May 23, 2013
- Zinio Introduces Z-Pass – 3 Digital Magazines Per Month for $5 May 23, 2013
- 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT All About Value and Functionality May 23, 2013
- The Zooka Wireless Speaker Bar for Tablets and Laptops Review May 23, 2013
- Classic RPGs Wizardry VI, VII and 8 Come to GoG.com! May 23, 2013
- G5 Entertainment Casual Games Land on the Windows 8 Store May 23, 2013
- Carly Z: I know I am an oddball but I like playing games on...
- Douglas Moran: It does feel long, especially at first, but I ador...
- Bob Zwick: Oops, the video is private....
- The Heat is On! Water the Essential Supplement |: [...] The Lifesaver Bottle Is the Filtered Water B...
- thsu: As innovative as this is, I doubt an iPhone can su...
- DevelopIQ Wants To Rule Entertainment On Your ‘Berry: [...] in November, I was fortunate enough to meet ...
- Michael Anderson: haha ... that IS crazy!...