Kobo’s had an up and down year. They released their Kobo Touch reader to great acclaim, but lost a major partner when Borders collapsed. On the upside, they’ve chosen their social media dance partner better; Kobo and Facebook are working hard to bring Kobo’s “Reading Life” to the new Facebook news streams! Basically, this one-ups [...]
There are times when the virtual world seems very real. I know that I consider my fellow writers on Gear Diary my friends, even though all of us have not met in person. But there’s a difference between real and virtual friendships, and I recognize the difference. Apparently, for some very orthodox jews, there is [...]
Are you one of the millions of fans of The Sims franchise? Do you like Facebook games? If so … rejoice, because The Sims Social has arrived! The game will be immediately familiar to anyone who has ever played a Sims game: you set up your character, then start doing some basic tasks, and slowly [...]
I use Twitter, but there are times when I have to wonder if (or why) anyone cares about my random musings and shared links. Of course, my rationale for using Twitter in the first place is that many of my friends are all over the country (if not the world), and this is a great [...]
I’m not one of those parents who is totally panicked by the idea of all the kinds of scary things that are made available by new tech like cell phones, social media, and the like. Yes, there are a lot of scary things kids can access or be sucked into via new technology. But as [...]
Although ‘business social’ site LinkedIn started off slower and with seemingly less traction than Twitter, a recent study showed that LinkedIn is now considered the most important social media network, with 60% of respondents saying that having a LinkedIn account is more important than any other social network. Since so many business users of social [...]
(image made via Memegenerator) I once attended a work event where someone explained how he knew the so-called “tech bubble” of the early 90′s was over and done. It was Christmas Eve, he said, and his retired, conservative mother-in-law asked if she should own shares of Amazon.com. As he told it, at that very moment [...]
This photograph of the President and his staff watching the assault that eventually led to the death of bin Laden in real-time, is on track to be the most viewed image in Flickr’s history. The emotion on their faces, Secretary of State Clinton’s hand over her mouth and the laser focus of the President Obama’s [...]
Oh the shame – you have to set your relationship status on Facebook to ‘Single’. What will your friends think? How can you possibly cope?!? Fear no more – a new company called Cloud Girlfriend promises to help you out with a simple four-step process: Step 1: Define your perfect girlfriend. Step 2: We bring [...]
I admit, I’m not a big Facebook-er. I use it as a necessary evil, not a destination site. But it looks like the folks who brought us the “like” button are taking their insinuation into our lives a step farther; now they’re going to stream video too! According to the Wall Street Journal, Warner Brothers [...]
It’s a bit shameful, but I still watch “Grey’s Anatomy”. It’s my soapy guilty pleasure! I settled in last night to catch up on last night’s episode, and was surprised to discover that surgeons using Twitter was a big part of the storyline! I won’t spoil it for you, but I will say that even [...]
Photo courtesy of the The International Business Times When all of Iran seemed to be exploding in the wake of “President” Mahmoud Ahmadinejad‘s “victory” in the 2009 election, the news was noteworthy not just because a country struggling against authoritarian rule was trying to free itself, but also because of how the news got out: [...]
One of the tools Judie and I made big use of during CES was the iPhone app CardMunch. CardMunch let us quickly snap images of business cards and then added all the pertinent information to either its own address book or the iPhone’s built-in one. The transcription accuracy of the returned information was amazing thanks [...]
Foursquare, that cute little services that lets you check in at a venue to let others know you are there, share and read tips about the place and, if you check in often enough, become the Fourquare mayor of the location, has teamed up with CES this year to make things a bit more fun. [...]
Communication is an evolving thing. When I was a kid everyone had rotary phones, no one had an answering machine, no one had a home computer, and people quite often communicated via hand-written letters sent over the postal service. If I was taking public transit to see a movie with friends or biking to the [...]
- Phiaton MODERNA MS 200 Earphones Spring Cleaning Giveaway March 31, 2013
- The iPhone Doldrums – I Think I’m Ready for Something Different May 21, 2013
- Apple Lightning Connector Broken Inside iPad Mini Port – Eeek! March 2, 2013
- Monster Diamond Tears Headphones Giveaway May 7, 2013
- Win a Seagate Backup Plus on Tax Day April 12, 2013
- Facebook Phone Event, What Do You Think? April 4, 2013
- Pebble E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android Review April 20, 2013
- For Memorial Day, EA Holding Massive iOS Sale and G5 Having Huge Kindle Fire Sale! May 24, 2013
- Buy GRID 2: Mono Edition – The Most Expensive Video Game Ever May 24, 2013
- Switching Smartphones and Carriers Is Getting Harder Than Ever May 24, 2013
- Fast & Furious 6 Film Review May 24, 2013
- Heavy Gear Assault Multiplayer Game Launches Kickstarter Campaign May 24, 2013
- Combo Crew for iOS and Android Pulls No Punches! May 24, 2013
- Why I Don’t Run First Thing in the Morning May 24, 2013
- dancohen: Doug- that is actually why I argued against those ...
- Douglas Moran: The idea of switching to a different OS and having...
- Mitchell Oke: This has been my experience too. More of my iOS-ex...
- loopyduck: >More than that, when traveling there is no cel...
- Carly Z: You make some good points, but there's one thing ...
- Pro’s And Cons Of Integrated GPS And Cameras: [...] all started innocently enough when Christoph...
- Spirit Of Wandering – The Legend, Mac Game Review: [...] Spirit of Wandering – a stock standard...