There’s no doubt that Samsung stole the show at MWC with their new Samsung Galaxy S 6 and S 6 Edge smartphones. As is usually the case after a major announcement, there was a bit of a wait before orders could be placed; that changes on March 27th when preorders can be placed and nationwide availability will be April 10th.
“We have completely reimagined the Galaxy experience from the ground up by listening to what matters most to our customers,” said Gregory Lee, president and CEO of Samsung Electronics North America Headquarters. “The Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge are more than just beautiful – they’re better. We’ve improved the smartphone essentials – camera, battery, display – and redesigned the phone experience so our consumer and business users are empowered to do more.”
Samsung has finally got rid of their cheap plastic battery covers and added a glass back; these phones both feel incredibly solid and lovely in hand; they are like fine jewelry.
In the U.S., the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge will be available in Black Sapphire, White Pearl and Gold Platinum — in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB memory options. AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless will carry both the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge, while Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless and MetroPCS will carry the Galaxy S 6. Samsung Experience Shops at Best Buy, as well as Amazon.com, Costco Wholesale, Inc., Sam’s Club, Target and Walmart will also carry the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge. Carriers and retailers will confirm specific pricing and availability.
See how the green on the #Samsung #Galaxy #6Edge shimmers? It’s lovely. #MWC15 A video posted by Judie Stanford (@geardiary) on
The Green Samsung Galaxy S 6 and S 6 Edge were my favorites; it’s a deep forest green that glimmers like an emerald; I’m not sure if we’ll see that color offered in the US, though. =/
A video posted by Judie Stanford (@geardiary) on
- Premium Materials: A unibody design blends beauty and durability, featuring Corning® Gorilla Glass® 4 and an aluminum frame so it’s durable enough to withstand everyday life.
- Advanced Camera: Intuitive front- and rear-facing cameras allow consumers to snap high-quality photos, no matter the lighting situation, and quickly capture any moment, anywhere.
- Battery Management: Power management essentials create peace of mind for users so there is no need to worry about battery life. With built-in wireless charging, users can quickly and conveniently charge their phone on almost any wireless charging platform (charging pad sold separately). Fast Charging gives users up to four hours of battery life with a 10 minute charge and a 50 percent charge in about half an hour. Ultra Power Saving Mode affords users up to 24 hours of talk and text time when the battery is at 10 percent3.
- Advanced Technology: Equipped with an advanced processor and display, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge elevate productivity and deliver an exceptional entertainment experience.
- Business-Ready: With Samsung KNOX, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge are secure and protected right out of the box. With wide support for MDM partners and KNOX enhancements enabled at launch, IT administrators can simplify deployment and device management.
- Dual Edge: The Galaxy S 6 edge breaks the traditional conventions of smartphone design to deliver the world’s first dual-edge smartphone. The edge display adds features unique to the curved design, including People Edge and information tickers so users can easily and discreetly view news updates and messaging notifications.
- Samsung’s Milk Services: Both the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge will come preloaded on select carriers* with Samsung’s streaming entertainment apps, Milk Music™, powered by Slacker, and Milk Video™.
You can go fondle the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge on March 27th at participating AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular, as well as at Samsung Experience Shops at Best Buy.
Sprint has already announced their pricing;
For only $80/month Sprint Unlimited Plus includes:
- Samsung Galaxy S 6 with 32GB of memory for free after $20/mo. credit with 24 mo. lease
- Unlimited talk, text and data all while on the Sprint network so you can enjoy this feature-rich phone without worrying about overage fees
- International Value Roaming (Telefonica countries)
- Annual upgrades
Here are more details on that:
Galaxy S 6 edge with a 24-month lease is $5 after a $20 per month lease credit. Pair it with the Sprint Unlimited Plus Plan for a total of $85 per month.
The rock star duo of Galaxy S 6 and Samsung Galaxy S 6 edge will be available April 10. Preorder for Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge begins tomorrow at Sprint Stores and www.sprint.com/freegalaxy.
For those who don’t want an annual contract or lease, Boost Mobile will offer Galaxy S 6-32GB in Black Sapphire beginningFriday, April 10, for $649.99. Preregistration is available now at www.boostmobile.com/gs6. Boost Mobile continues to provide one of the best values in the prepaid wireless industry with the $35 Data Boost Up plan. After enrolling for automatic payments with Auto Re-Boost, customers get unlimited talk, text and data with 2.5GB of high-speed data for $35 per month.