Minimalistic, wireless earbuds are increasingly commonplace. Over the next few days, we will be looking at a few current options. This time out we have the Soul PRIME Wireless In-Ear Headphones. These earbuds were previously called the MINI but have been rebranded. Offering a nice price, good battery life, comfort and impressive sound, they are worth checking out.
The earbuds weight just 23g. Basically a set of earbuds connected by a 49” cable, they depart from competitors in a few ways.
First, the company ships the PRIME with four different sizes of tips so you get a comfortable, a proper fit and seal.
Also, they include “wings” that sit comfortably inside your earlobe and create a secure fit even when you are, for example, running. They also include a small clip so the cable can easily be secured to the back of your shirt. This reduces the movement of the cable not only keeping the earbuds in the proper position but also helping to prevent the annoying sound that can make its way to your ears when the cable rubs against your shirt or jacket.
There is another way these earbuds differ from competitors. Most of the time, wireless earbuds with the design either get terrible battery life or have a thicket position that houses the battery and controllers. The issue that arises with this design is that it puts more weight on one side of the cable than the other which can impact the comfort as that side tends to pull more on one ear than the other. The Soul PRIME has a thicker battery portion on both sides of the cable. The result is not only 6 hours of playback time per charge but also wireless earbuds that are balanced when you wear them. It’s a smart design and one I appreciate.
There is one final feature that makes these $59.99 wireless earbuds stand out- magnets! Each of the earbuds has a magnet on the back portion.
This means the earbuds connect to one another when you are not wearing them and, as a result, won’t fall off and get lost. It is a smart addition and one I would love to see on all wireless earbuds going forward.
As for sound… the Soul PRIME Wireless Bluetooth earbuds sound quite good. They offer good highs, clear bids, and enough bass that music sounds rich. I’ve used them in a variety of settings and been quite pleased with the experience. That’s why, when discussing these earbuds, Souls says,
SOUL SIGNATURE QUALITY SOUND: SOUL’s advances driver, engineering for deep low base with clear mids and highs
- Maximum Comfort: Ergonomic, in-ear design for precise fit and comfort.
- Precision Fit: Thin, sleek and lightweight that includes XS, S, M and XL tips for a perfect fit for everyone.
- Innovative Style: The compact ergonomic design is ideal for use in every situation.
- Advanced Driver And Circuitry Design: Engineered for the best balance and quality of sound. Designed with powerful bass and clear mids and highs for the best possible listening experience.
- Tangle-Free Audio Cable: Eliminates the need to constantly untangle your headphone cable. The tangle-free cable allows instant use every time.
- Universal One Button Controller: A single button controller compatible with most smartphones will give easy access to such functions as answering or hanging up your phone as well as music playback functions.
The Soul PRIME Wireless Bluetooth earbuds come in Black, White, Green, and Pink and have an MSRP of $59.99. You can check them out here.
Source: Manufacturer supplied review sample
What I Like: Comfortable; Balanced; Good sound; Good fit
What Needs Improvement: Nothing