I love my M1 MacBook Air. It is thin, light, and incredibly powerful. But the lack of ports on Apple’s current laptops continues to be a challenge. That’s why I always carry an OWC USB-C Travel Dock with me. The small, $64.99 hub is a powerful way to get connected. Thanks to OWC, you can win an OWC USB-C Travel Dock E for yourself.
OWC describes the dock as “portable and powerful.” They go on to say that:
Unlike other mini docks that sacrifice usability to remain portable, OWC USB-C Travel Dock E packs a heavyweight punch akin to a desktop dock. This compact dock is about the size and weight of a hockey puck, and it can be used via bus power when you don’t have access to an outlet. Or, simply connect a USB-C power adapter to the Travel Dock E’s USB-C power delivery port to charge your device with up to 100W of power on the go.
Thanks to the inclusion of Gigabit Ethernet, the 6-port OWC USB-C Travel Dock E is an upgrade to the dock I reviewed and carry with me.
The OWC Travel Dock E is about the size and weight of a hockey puck. That makes it small enough to take everywhere. But despite its small size, the dock is packed with power. It is bus-powered, so you can use it to connect peripherals on the go. It has two USB 3 Type-A ports, an HDMI 2.0 port, an SD card reader, Gigabit Ethernet, and USB-C power pass-through power so you can keep your laptop charged.
The OWC USB-C Travel Dock E has an integrated USB-C cable that connects to your laptop. At the same time, if you connect a USB-C power adapter to the OWC USB-C Travel Dock E’s power delivery port (PD), you can also deliver up to 100W of power to recharge your laptop while you work.
The OWC USB-C Travel Dock E features include:
- CONNECT MORE: Maximize your mobile connectivity with two USB 3.2 Type-A ports, HDMI 2.0 port, SD card reader, Gigabit Ethernet port, and USB-C power pass-through
- INGEST YOUR WORK: Copy photos and movies at speeds up to 312MB/s via the SD card reader
- FAST AND CONVENIENT: Connect a portable drive, keyboard, or mouse via one of the USB 3 ports
- POWERFUL OPTIONS: Bus-powered, or use an existing USB-C power adapter to provide up to 100W pass-through charging power to a notebook or other device
- STAY CHARGED: Charge small mobile devices like wireless earbuds, smartwatches, and most smartphones through one of the USB 3 ports
- TAKE ANYWHERE: Lightweight, palm-sized aluminum housing with an integrated USB-C cable
- SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE: Connect to displays, TVs, and projectors with up to 4K resolution via the HDMI 2.0 port
- WORKS WITH ALL: Adds ports to Macs, PCs, iPads/iPad Pros, tablets, or phones with a built-in USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port
- BETTER CONNECTION: Say goodbye to low quality, patchy Wi-Fi by connecting to the Gigabit Ethernet port
As the company explains, by simply plugging the OWC USB-C Travel Dock E’s integrated cable into your laptop, you will be able to output presentations to a 4K HDMI display, quickly share, stream, and surf via Ethernet, quickly transfer files with storage devices, charge small mobile devices for on-the-go, import photos and movies from media cards with the SD card reader and connect peripherals like keyboard and mice.
As an added benefit, if you use OWC’s free Dock Ejector software, you can safely disconnect external storage drives with a single click.
In a word of laptops with limited connectivity options, the $64.99 OWC Travel Dock E is a key productivity tool. You can learn more about it here. And you can enter to win one here.
Sweepstakes Official Rules:
• No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
• Prize has been provided to us by OWC
• The value of the prize is USD 64.99
• Our sweepstakes is only open to anyone in the United States who is age 18 and up.
• Our sweepstakes is open only to people with a continental USA mailing address; if your address shows as out of the country, we will pick a new winner.
• We will give one prize to one winner; the winner will be chosen randomly through Rafflecopter.
• Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the sweepstakes entry period.
• Our sweepstakes will run from 12:01 am CST on July 27th to Midnight on August 9th, 2021.
• Winners will receive an email from [email protected], generally on the day after the sweepstakes ends. Please be sure that you have that email address whitelisted in your email settings.
• If you are chosen as the winner, you will have two weeks to respond to the winning announcement email. If you do not respond, on the 15th day, we will pick a new winner. It is not our responsibility to notify you more than once that your entry has been chosen, so be sure to check your spam folder routinely after the sweepstakes has closed.
• All sweepstakes winners will be posted on Gear Diary in the Rafflecopter box where entries were accepted. We will leave this list in place for three months after the sweepstakes has closed.
• Each sweepstakes winner is responsible for all federal, state, local sales taxes, and income taxes related to their particular prize. Any other incidental expenses on the prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
• By entering this sweepstakes on Gear Diary, you agree to receive exclusive offers from Gear Diary. You can unsubscribe at any time.
• We retain the right to revoke prizes for sweepstakes winners whose profiles appear to use multiple usernames, email addresses, or other potentially fraudulent credentials.
• By participating in this sweepstakes, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Gear Diary, LLC., which are final and binding in all matters relating to the sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the sweepstakes.