We love Waterfield products and look to them to protect our gear when we go on the road. We also love seeing the company come up with new ways to bring their great aesthetic and device protection together. That’s certainly the case with the new Waterfield Bolt Briefcase. It’s the Waterfield bag for the man, or woman, who means business.
The Bolt Briefcase comes in two sizes. The large version holds up to a 17″ laptop, comes in black ballistic nylon for $279 and weighs 2.95 pounds. The small version can handle up to a 13″ laptop, comes in tan waxed-canvas for $249 and is a full pound lighter.
As the company explains,
Techies and travelers carry a range of gadgets in diverse sizes, each of which require varying degrees of accessibility and protection; the Bolt’s thoughtful design addresses these diverse needs. Its classic lines and materials age beautifully and shift easily from professional to casual settings. The Bolt is the ideal bag for today’s interconnected, mobile professional.
The result is an attaché that is designed to meet the ever-changing needs of tech professionals and business travelers.
Company owner, Gary Waterfield notes,
When designing the Bolt, we started with a list of what we travel with and how much protection and accessibility we need for each item. For example, my wallet and smartphone—high accessibility items—are safely stowed, but easily accessed from front magnet-closing pockets, while my laptop sits securely inside its padded main-compartment laptop sleeve, I also love that the Bolt fits right in with our casual San Francisco start-up culture but is right at home at professional business meetings too.
The Bolt has:
- Two easy-access pockets hold frequently-needed items like wallet and phone and stay closed with invisible magnets.
- A hidden, horizontal pocket secures with a waterproof zipper to hold intermediate-access items like tablets and boarding passes.
- A spacious main compartment that includes a padded laptop slot to keep this key item well-protected
- Two additional open-topped pockets to organize pens, business cards and other miscellany
- A key fob for quickly retrieving these necessities.
- Rear slot slips onto a rolling suitcase handle.
In short this is the Waterfield attache many of us have long hoped to see. Learn more here.