At 6mm, the new Dell Venue 8 7000 is being billed as the world’s thinnest Android tablet, but it’s size isn’t the only attractive feature; it also has an incredible 2560 x 1600 OLED display and “the first RealSense depth camera integrated into such a small form factor.” Have you even heard about it? Well, let me tell you…
These are the final specs on the Venue 8 7000; we are still waiting on a final price and date we can get purchase one:
- The Dell Venue 8 7000 will run Android KitKat (4.4), and it will have the latest high performance Intel Atom Z3580 (Moorefield) processor.
- At 6mm, it is the world’s thinnest tablet
- The screen is incredible in person and on the spec sheet! the Venue 8 7000 has an 8.4″ OLED (2560×1600) infinity edge-to-edge screen, with over 4m pixels (361ppi)
- This is the first tablet released with the Intel RealSense Snapshot Depth Camera, “which captures a depth map for every picture taken.” This means you can use the camera to take measurements!
- The Venue 8 7000 will have the Dell Gallery application “that enables 3D editing and measurements for photos, as well as a smart albums feature. Smart albums allow you to find photos using facial recognition and automatically creates albums by pulling photos from Dropbox, Picasa and Facebook together into one timeline”
Click a photo to start the slideshow.
It looks pretty cool, right? I’ve fondled one while here at DellWorld, and I want one. It’s too bad I can’t bring “mine” home now. 😉