I loved Duke Nukem 3D from the moment it was released for the PC in MS-DOS, which was 19 years ago this week. Since then I have played it on Mac, Windows, OS X, iOS, Android, the Nintendo GBA version, and most recently the Playstation Vita. VoidPoint has acquired the rights and is publishing a ‘Hail to the Chief’ collection!
VoidPoint has the commercial rights to the original 1996 PC game Duke Nukem 3D, the expansions ‘Duke It Out in D.C,’ Duke Caribbean: Life’s a Beach,’ ‘Duke: Nuclear Winter’ as well as the N64’s original Duke Nukem 64 and PlayStation’s original Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown from 1997.
They will be put together and released as Duke Nukem 3D: Hail to the King Collection this spring. While the platform goal is to preserve the authenticity of the original artists’ and developers’ intent of Duke Nukem 3D, some of these games (Duke Nukem 3D, Duke Nukem 64, and Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown) will see visual enhancements in order to bring the graphics to HD quality.
Here is what to expect when this collection hits Google Play:
· Brand new bundled collection of the PC, N64, and PS1 versions of Duke Nukem 3D and three expansions.
· Never-before available re-release of Nintendo 64 version ‘Duke Nukem 64’ including redesigned and exclusive levels, censorship, lack of strippers/hookers (if that’s your thing), new weapons, and new enemies.
· Never-before available re-release of PlayStation version ‘Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown’ featuring the exclusive episode ‘Plug N’ Pray,’ new enemies, and Mark ‘TDK’ Knight’s atmospheric soundtrack.
· Kick ass on the go with an all-new touch control scheme, or with Bluetooth, PS3, or Xbox 360 controllers.
· Alternate soundtracks, refined visuals, and more! Duke has never looked so good.
The collection will support touchscreen controls and Bluetooth controllers. While a Q1’2015 estimate was given, we don’t have exact release date or pricing yet. But this is definitely a collection to watch, and when released you’ll want to ‘come get some’!
Here is the teaser: