Using the BOOST UP is as simple as simple can be.
You simply plug the wall adapter into an outlet, connect the included AC adapter to the charging base and place your phone on the base.
The non-slip on the bottom holds the charger in place. The same material is used on the top and it keeps your phone from moving. An indicator light lets you know the power is flowing. As Belkin explains:
No more cables, no more messy charging stations. Simply place your iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone 8 on the non-slip charging surface that’s designed to help secure your device while charging. Keep charging simple, even when your hands—and day—are full.
Unclutter your space and simplify charging with the BOOST UP Wireless Charging Pad. Belkin worked closely with Apple to engineer an efficient and high-speed charging pad for iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 8—just lay your phone onto the charging pad and go. There’s no need to remove your iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 8 from its case when powering up, the BOOST UP Wireless Charging Pad can charge through most lightweight cases.
- LED light
- Non-slip surface helps secure iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 8
- 7.5W transmitter coil for faster wireless charging than standard 5W wireless chargers
- Fanless design ensures quiet operation
- Intelligent wireless charging chipset combines multiple sophisticated features for overall performance and efficiency
- Thermal protection sensor provides safer operation
- Enhanced foreign-object-detection circuit provides safer operation
With also many wireless chargers on the market, why would you choose to go with Belkin’s offering? They break down some of the key reasons to choose their offerings this way:
- IS IT CHARGING?: Charge with confidence—a solid green LED light shows when your phone is correctly aligned on the pad and charging. When you see the green light, you can go about your day knowing your iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone 8 will be charged and ready for you.
- CASE COMPATIBILITY: Charge without removing your case. The BOOST UP Wireless Charging Pad is engineered to work with most lightweight cases.
- QI COMPATIBILITY: Qi is a wireless technology that uses inductive charging. The BOOST UP Wireless Charging Pad has been engineered to be Qi compatible, allowing it to also charge phones, tablets, and other accessories with Qi technology.
The Belkin BOOST UP is a simple product. It is a simple white circle of wireless charging that supports up to 7.5W charging, it charges through most lightweight cases, has a non-slip surface that helps secure iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 8. It comes with an AC adapter, is Qi compatible, comes with a 2-Year Warranty but offers an additional 1-Year Warranty with the registration of the charging pad and comes with a “$2,500 Connected Equipment Warranty”.
Since I’m still waiting for the iPhone X to be released, I don’t have a new iPhone with wireless charging yet. So to test out the Belkin POWER UP I tried two things. First, I pulled a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge out of the closet and placed it on the charger. It immediately began charging the phone.