Disney is buying 21st Century Fox, which means that they’ll be adding the X-Men, Fantastic Four, The Simpsons, Futurama, and a whole slew of movie and television properties to their already huge portfolio. They’re also picking up arguably one of the greatest heroes of the late 90’s/early 2000’s, and the crossover possibilities are very exciting: Buffy is coming to Disney.
You see, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is owned by Fox. Fox is being bought by Disney, therefore Buffy (past incarnations in all media as well as the future reboot) will belong to Disney. This is more of an ancillary benefit to Mickey Mouse, as I’m guessing they were far more excited to pick up X-Men and reintegrate them with their Marvel colleagues, so in case the folks at Disney aren’t big fans of the greatest heroine of all time, I’ve put together some synergy ideas for them:
- Recreate Sunnydale High School at Hollywood Studios, and guests can try to “survive” touring the high school. Anyone who makes it past the first two rounds of vampires has to face off against David Boreanaz’s “Irish” accent.
- Buffy can roam the park autographing wooden stakes.
- Little girls can be randomly picked by people playing Buffy to become “potentials” and be armed with their very own holy water and stakes for the remainder of their park visit.
- Epcot can include a “Beer Bad” booth in their International Pavilion, for people recovering from drinking around the world.
- Reboot Buffy in Lego form on The Disney Channel.
- Have a whole section of Disney Stores be devoted solely to t-shirts and merchandising with Buffy one-liners. This will slow the demographic shift of tweens moving from Elsa to Hot Topic.
- Elsa the Vampire Slayer would make an excellent spin-off, and would be far better received than that awful “Frozen” short before “Coco”.
- Crossover idea: Rey, Black Widow, The Wasp, Elastigirl, Elsa, Merida, Mulan, and Buffy fight crime. While all making sarcastic quips.
- Buffy solves the cliffhanger at the end of “Infinity War” by punching Thanos in the face and telling him he has fruit punch mouth.
- Plot twist: The entire Disney cinematic universe is just a catalog for The Dollhouse.
Now, that’s just a few of the many ways Disney could make use of their newest property. Just don’t mess this up, Disney, because remember: