Ultimate Ears makes some of the better sounding Bluetooth speakers on the market, so much so, that Dan has insisted that the original Wonderboom is one of his favorites. I’m wondering how the company will impress him with their Wonderboom 2, as it’s the upgraded version of what was an already very good Bluetooth speaker.
Almost identical in appearance to the Wonderboom Dan reviewed back in 2018, the Wonderboom 2 does feature a more streamlined loop handle. The oversized volume buttons are still prominent on this model, which is the company’s signature.
Aesthetically, I like the Wonderboom 2 a bit more than its predecessor, but Ultimate Ear’s claims of updated features that will make your listening experience that much better have me adding the mighty audio device to my checkout bin. Those features are:
- Outdoor Boost: Special mode for louder, crisper audio that’s specially tuned for the outdoors.
- Whopping 13-Hour Battery Life: Party all day long and into the night with WONDERBOOM 2 thanks to an extended 13-hour battery life, 30 percent more than before.
- Seriously Tough, Seriously Stunning: Dual-toned, high-performance fabric in five stunning colors cover this waterproof and dustproof speaker. WONDERBOOM 2 is IP67 rated, making it the perfect companion for hiking trails, sunny beaches, lake trips, and showers. It even floats! If WONDERBOOM 2 gets dirty, just rinse it off.
- Double Up for a True Stereo Experience: If you need even more sound in your life, pair two WONDERBOOM 2 speakers to party louder and enjoy a true stereo experience.
- No Fuss, No Friction, Just Music: Power on, pair it, press play. Want more? The convenient button on the top of the speaker lets you play, pause and skip your music without having to fumble with your phone.
The Wonderboom 2 by Ultimate Ears will be available for purchase in multiple colors including black, blue, grey, red and pink for $99.99 on June 25th. For more information, head over to the Ultimate Ears site.