Oral-B is already the leader in oral care technology, so its no surprise they took the Consumer Electronics Show with their Oral-B iO, a reimagined approach to their toothbrush series that combines a clinical performance that’s unmatched with a user experience that everyone will enjoy.
Oral-B took six years researching and developing the Oral B iO, complete with over 250 patents from around the world. Some features might not stand out to the average consumer like a frictionless magnetic drive that distributes energy more efficiently to the tips of the bristles, resulting in a quiet, sensational cleaning experience. What’s more, the magnetic drive delivers cleaning energy to the redesigned iO brush head, to makes for more effective oscillating and rotating cleaning motions.
“There is nothing like the Oral-B iOTM. It introduces a new era in brushing and is a monumental leap in innovative oral care technology,” said Steve Bishop, P&G Health Care CEO. “The result of years of expert development, Oral-B iOTM strikes the right balance between effectiveness and experience and reimagines how a brush performs, cleans and feels. It is a brush that people will look forward to using and will deliver superior oral health.”
Some highlights of the Oral-B iO include:
- Linear Magnetic Drive: created from the need to deliver a more effective and enjoyable brushing routine. Producing controlled, harmonious movements, the quiet and frictionless linear drive system efficiently transfers more energy directly to the bristle tips.
- Superior Cleaning Action and Redesigned Brush Head: Oral-B iOTM brush heads combine oscillating, rotating movements with micro-vibrations to ensure a deep clean that reaches every contour. The brush head has been redesigned with twisted bristles, and reinforced with high-density tuft-in-tuft configuration, for a sensational brushing experience.
- Bimodal Smart Pressure Sensor: an innovation that is the first of its kind to provide positive brushing feedback, identifying and guiding users to brush in the optimal pressure range. The Sensor features a variable-speed smart drive that adjusts frequency to protect gums and enamel.
- Smart Display with Personalized Brushing Modes: an intuitive interface that greets users, while also providing coaching and motivation throughout the cleaning process. Features up to seven brush modes for a highly personalized experience.
- Artificial Intelligence Tracking via the Oral-B iOTM App: provides real-time individual tracking and coaching, thanks to artificial intelligence informed by thousands of recorded brushing sessions. Oral-B iOTM has a simple and intuitive user interface that guides consumers through a two-minute brushing session with 3D teeth tracking to ensure a professional clean feeling every time.
Oral-B stands behind their iO, stating it will provide 100% healthier gums in just a week, cleaning over six times more plaque removal along the gumline. And from the tests, they’ve noticed that 83% of gingivitis patients moved from unhealthy to healthy in just eight short weeks. Available for purchase beginning in August 2020, you can find out more information by visiting Oralb.io.