Waterfield has been on a roll lately and released a number of excellent new products. A company that initially made carry solutions for tech, they have branched out in a huge way. A case in point is the new Waterfield Bootcamp Gym Bag. It is all Waterfield, and it looks great.
I have a number of WaterField bags. Each is thoughtfully designed and crafted from the finest materials. They are excellent and the ones that are in heavy rotation still look fantastic after years of use. Recently the company started expanding its line to include bags that aren’t “tech-specific.” Some of the new items are for travel. Others, like the new Bootcamp Gym Bag, are designed for use closer to home. In this case, as the name suggests, the bag is designed for use at the gym. Of course, it can serve any number of other purposes, but it was specifically designed for you to work out in style.
As Waterfield notes:
Tired of trying to forcefully stuff their oversized gym duffles into square lockers, WaterField’s designers created the Bootcamp Gym Bag, a handsome vertical fitness bag both shape- and size-optimized to hold workout essentials and to fit into a gym locker or cubby.
As always, the bag was created by Waterfield’s design team and then crafted in their San Francisco workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco. Made from 1050 Denier Black ballistic nylon or a waxed canvas base, it has Waterfield’s signature full-grain leather accents.
The bag is available in one size and measures 12.5” (l) x 6.5” (w) x 13.5” and has a capacity of 14.5 liters. That’s large enough for all your gear, yet it’s small enough to fit into your gym locker.
It has a large main compartment that can hold a shoe pouch, toiletries, towels, and a jacket. The company notes that it is also wide enough to hold large water and shaker bottles.
It also has two side pockets that are large enough for water or shaker bottles.
Two front pockets that are just large enough for your phone, charger, and other small accessories.
It even has a removable shoulder strap in addition to the grab handles.
That could, however, describe almost any gym bag. What makes this offering stand out is not only Waterfield’s unique design, the use of their signature gold liner for easily finding the items you need, the quality craftsmanship, but also the fact that it can stand upright on its own. This makes it easy to set down and find your gear. After all, who wants to waste precious time at the gym fishing around for the items you need for your next workout?
In addition, the bag’s zipper seams lay flat, and the handle has enough rigidity that it won’t flop over.
- Features include:
- A clamshell waterproof zipper lets users set the bag on its side to pack it efficiently like a suitcase.
- Gold rip-stop lining lights up the bag’s interior for easy visibility.
- Two water bottle pockets expand to fit 3-inch diameter bottles.
- Two interior zippered pockets store toiletries or gym accessories like weight-lifting gloves, carabiners for climbing, or CrossFit® wrist wraps.
- A second main zipper grants access to the rear internal pocket without having to remove the bag from a locker.
- A magnet-closing front pocket, with internal organization and a key clip, holds a wallet, phone, earbuds, and other quick-access necessities.
- An external open-topped pocket stows a magazine or quick-stash items.
- Dual leather-grip handles attach with a unique system that compresses and secures the front and back pockets when the handles are in use.
- A removable shoulder strap is handy for longer hauls.
- Sturdy black ballistic nylon and tan waxed canvas look professional at work and can take a beating at the gym.
Check out this video:
The new Waterfield Bootcamp Gym Bag has an MSRP of $199. It is available now and can be ordered here.