WaterField is starting 2022 by introducing their newest backpack, the WaterField Tuck Backpack, a streamlined, updated version of a European military rucksack. With its unique look, flexible side panels that expand and contract depending on that day’s carry, it’s a great new WaterField offering. At $299, it’s not inexpensive, but as we’ve always said, WaterField bags are an investment that will last for years.
As WaterField explains, the Tuck Backpack is,
Traditional and modern styles blend with tech features and ergonomic straps, resulting in a handsome, multi-use backpack that eliminates the need for separate bags for work and leisure. A flexible side panel expands and contracts in response to the bag’s contents, helping it maintain a chic, minimalist profile. Contents stay tucked in under the full-grain leather flap — whether the pack is fully extended or not. Self-finding magnetic buckles keep contents secure.
The backpack is made from 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or durable waxed canvas; both models have full-grain leather accents in either black or chocolate. I’ve always been partial to WaterField’s waxed canvas, but its ballistic nylon is usually a bit lighter and looks more professional.
The WaterField Tuck Backpack comes in one size, but it can expand and contract as needed.
The bag itself measures 12.5″ long by 6″ wide by 15″ high, and it weighs 2.4 pounds when empty; it has a capacity of 22 liters.
The generous internal capacity is large enough to carry and protect laptops as large as the new 16″ MacBook Pro M1 or the 15″ Surface laptop. The built-in tablet sleeve is padded and can carry devices up to a 12″ iPad Pro and a Magic Keyboard or a Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover.
Here’s WaterField’s promotional video for the Tuck Backpack.
WaterField Tuck Backpack Features Include:
- Dedicated padded laptop and tablet compartments
- Firm foam inserts reinforce front, back, and bottom panels
- Large gold-lined interior with a zippered pocket to organize smaller items
- Quick-access zippered pocket on backpack’s full-grain leather or waxed canvas flap
- Breathable side pockets for water bottle and umbrella; expandable to 3.5 inches
- Side pocket magnetic closures
- Comfortable, ergonomic, neoprene-padded, moisture-wicking straps
- A padded moisture-wicking back panel
- Wheeled suitcase passthrough
- Leather-lined top handle
- Comfortable, ergonomic shoulder straps
- Single-direction magnetic clasps keep securely closed and attract for effortless fastening
- Interior zippered pocket for securing small valuables
- When not full, the backpack’s textile sides crease and then synch under its leather flap, keeping it compact
In addition, the backpack is constructed so that the flat bottom can be stowed upright under a desk at work. When used this way, WaterField notes it becomes “a tech locker with padded laptop and tablet pockets (for up to a 16-inch M1 MacBook Pro and a 12.9-inch iPad) and ample space for files and accessories.”
WaterField has always crafted bags that have thoughtful organizations. The WaterField Tuck Backpack is no exception, adding single-direction magnetic clasps that, when the sides are tucked securely beneath the leather flap, closes securely thanks to single-direction magnetic clasps. They keep your gear safe and help the backpack maintain a slim profile for agility.
WaterField’s bags and backpacks have never let me down, and the new WaterField Tuck Backpack promises to be no different. I love the unique design and know it will be as huge a hit with new customers as it is with those of us who have long been WaterField fans.