I love my iPad mini. It is small and light but still a powerful iPadOS device. But my iPad mini usually stays at home. That, in part, is because I’ve never had the right bag to carry and protect it; the WaterField Mason EDC Pouch changes that.
My issue with carrying my iPad mini is the fact that it gets completely lost in my usual bags. And while I have a small gadget sling, it’s really intended for sports and not something I would use as an everyday carry. Now, however, WaterField has introduced the new Mason EDC Pouch. It’s a relatively small everyday carry pounce, but because this is WaterField, it’s much more than that.
Waterfield owner and chief visionary Gary Waterfield explains the need for this product noting,
I hate stuffed pockets so I store the Mason in my work or travel bag with my iPad mini and EDC inside. Then, whether I’m headed to a business lunch, a ball game, or out to explore a new city, I attach the strap, put on the Mason crossbody, and leave my larger bag behind.
So what makes the WaterField Mason EDC Pouch different? For starts, while most small sling pouches are exceptionally casual, the Mason EDC has a finished and refined design that is as appropriate in a work setting as it is on a day out on the town. In addition, the Mason is…
- Sophisticated: suits both formal and casual settings; most EDC bags are sporty/casual.
- Modular: can be worn crossbody or—without the strap—used as a tech/accessory pouch.
- It has a pocket with firm foam and plush padding that protects an Apple iPad mini, eyeglasses, or similar item.
I like the clean design of the pouch and the fact that it can be used as an addition to a larger bag or, once the strap is attached, as a crossbody sling.
I also appreciate the sophisticated design and the availability of three different materials, so you can find the WaterField Mason EDC Pouch that fits your style.
Additional features of this diminutive pouch include:
- Abrasion- and water-resistant 1050 denier ballistic nylon or rugged waxed canvas combines with full-grain leather that ages beautifully for a luxurious look.
- The compact main compartment includes a padded pocket to protect an Apple iPad mini, glasses, or a large phone and two open-topped pockets to organize AirPods, mints, or other small items.
- Key tether and pocket keep keys easy to access and separate.
- Silver, diamond-patterned lining adds a touch of elegance and wipes clean easily.
- Impact-resistant foam insert on rear protects iPad mini and other EDC.
- Two custom metal zipper pulls grant convenient access from either side.
- YKK waterproof zippers protect contents from the elements and maintain the bag’s clean lines.
- Beautiful, pleated front pocket securely stows quick-access items.
- Sturdy custom snap hooks attach to the shoulder strap and pivot with body movements.
- Removable 1-inch shoulder strap adjusts with smooth-gliding cam lock buckle.
- Modular design allows use as a crossbody or (without the strap) as an accessory case within a larger bag.
If you are a regular reader of Gear Diary, then you know that we’re huge fans of WaterField’s products.
As the owner of an iPad Mini, I know the challenge of finding the right way to take it with you when you go out; the $129 WaterField Mason EDC Pouch offers just that. And, because it comes from WaterField, you can rest assured that your purchase is an investment in an everyday carry pouch that will last for years to come.