The V-MODA BoomPro microphone cable for the V-MODA Crossfade series of headphones adds a boom microphone to the already-awesome Crossfade M-100 headphones. Sure the M-100s ship with a cable that has a microphone but this microphone makes a world of difference. At just $30 it is a terrific add-on to an already amazing pair of headphones. Get it.
It seems a bit odd to be writing a review for what is essentially an accessory for an accessory, but when the first accessory is the V-MODA Crossfade M-11 headphones (read our review), and the second accessory makes them even better, the latter item deserves its own post. That’s certainly the case for the V-MODA BoomPro microphone cable.
The BoomPro adds a boom microphone to the Crossfade M-100 headphones and, in the process, turns the M-100s into an amazing pair of headphones for gamers, podcasters and anyone who makes Skype/Voip conference calls.
I have been using the BoomPro for calls and dictation, and I am thoroughly impressed with the comfort of the M-100/BoomPro combination as well as the audio quality they provide. I had an hour-long Skype call with someone the other night and used the M-100s with the BoomPro connected to my iPad mini, and the call was crystal clear on both sides. The cable is durable and tangle-free. The flexible boom means you can position it in the best, most comfortable way possible.
- Crystal Clear Mic enhances voice clarity & background noise reduction essential for gamers, Skype/VoIP/conference calls, commuters & podcast recordings
- SteelFlex Arm for perfect microphone positioning
- Convenient Control Clip features in-line mute and rotary volume controls
- Source Compatibile with all smartphones, tablets, PCs and notebooks via 1/8″ (3.5mm) plug and gaming systems with additional kits (sold separately)
- Headphone Compatibile with all V-MODA Crossfade series and 3.5mm (1/8″) cable input headphones such as Beats Solo, Studio and Mixr
- Y Adaptor included for computers requiring separate mic/headphone input
Best of all, as you can see below, the BoomPro doesn’t just work with V-MODA headphones!
Microphone Sensitivity: -38dB @ 1kHz
Length: 79″ (200cm)
Compatibility: V-MODA Crossfade M-100, LP, LP2, M-80, V-80 & most headphones with a 3.5mm input port including Beats Solo, Studio, Mixr, Skullcandy Aviator, Hesh 2, Monster Inspiration, DNA
I cannot recommend the V-MODA Crossfade M-100 headphones strongly enough. And if you are buying the M-100, then I would urge you to consider adding on the BoomPro mic; it is that good. Check it out.
What I Like: Flexible; Comfortable; Adjustable for sound and comfort; Does a great job of capturing your voice
What Needs Improvement: Doesn’t fit in the clamshell case with some bending and pushing
Source: Manufacturer supplied review sample