As a runner I follow a lot of running and ‘healthy living’ blogs, which means that since mid-November I’ve read about 100 variations on the ‘how to avoid holiday pounds’ theme! The reality is that an old adage from the ‘Bloom County’ comic applies – eat less and exercise more. The folks at Runtastic have a new app to help!
The Runtastic Butt Trainer app has a bunch of video workouts and exercises to follow to help keep yourself moving during the winter months. As an added benefit, most runners learn that all lower-body issues are helped by strengthening hips and glutes – so this is a good set of workouts for everyone!
Here are some of Butt Trainer’s Features and Benefits:
• A lifelike avatar, Angie, takes you through a variety of backside exercises step-by-step
• 50+ HD instructional butt workout videos
• Three levels of difficulty based on sports science training
• Pre-defined workouts include: The 7-Minute Workout, Junk in the Trunk and more
• My Workouts: Create customized workouts tailored to your target areas (like the hips!), weight loss goals & daily schedule
• Filter exercises for your personal fitness level
• 60+ unique “Tip of the Day” messages
• Works with smartphones & tablets
• Voice Coach for easy-to-follow instructions: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese
• Absolutely no gym equipment required – use this squats, lunges and toning app anytime, anywhere
• Heart Rate integration: Use your Heart Rate Monitor to track your HR during workouts
• Improve overall fitness, muscle strength & toning, stability and weight management
• Share fitness accomplishments & tips on Facebook, Twitter, G+ and WhatsApp
• Upload workouts to your MyFitnessPal account
• Track training sessions and overall progress using detailed graphs on Runtastic.com
You can get more details at the official Butt Trainer site.
Where to get the Runtastic Butt Trainer?
iOS Version works with iPhone and iPads
Android Version for phones and tablets