Hand of Fate is a card-based roguelike that found funding through Kickstarter just over a year ago, and has now been released for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game blends the RPG and collectible card games genres easily and with a style that is bound to appeal to fans of both game types.
Set in a cabin on the edge of the world, Hand of Fate thrusts players into a game of life and death with a dealer intent on their demise.
Gamers start by building a deck of equipment, enemies, encounters, loot and surprises – then play it. Some cards present players with game-changing choices, similar to a tabletop RPG. Other cards require gamers to fight for their lives against terrifying mythical creatures. When this occurs the title switches to third-person perspective and has an action-adventure combat system.
- Breathtaking fantasy world where human inhabitants struggle for survival
- 465 cards – each one a different decision, battle, piece of equipment, enemy or boss battle
- More than 1000 lines of dialogue – never hear the same sentence twice in one play session
- 13 epic boss battles and 24 kinds of enemies
- More than 100 game changing items including: 25 weapons and 13 sets of armor
- Two game modes:
- Story – Defeat the dealer and his treacherous minions
- Endless – Cycle through a never ending deck of cards and compete worldwide for the top spot on the leaderboard
Check out the trailer:
Hand of Fate can be purchased for $19.99. The game is currently offered on Steam and will be available on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live by the time you read this!