As I’ve written previously, I love V-MODA products and have anxiously been waiting for the V-MODA Forza Metallo Wireless to arrive. They cut the word without compromising on sound or battery life thanks to their “Neckband Headphone” design that wrap the battery and controls around the neck as the earbuds extend from thin wires to reach your ears.
The V-MODA Forza Metallo Wireless are, “uncompromising headphones” that are designed for all day listening use in any environment. They feature micro 5.8mm hi-res drivers, have metal housing, offer 3D printing customization caps, include sport fins to stay in place and have a ‘TrapLock’ titanium neckband. As the company explains:
Designed by and for modern audiophiles, Forza Metallo Wireless is the high-performance and ultra-sleek companion for your demanding everyday life. It brings the 40+ editors’ choice award-winning V-MODA sound and new noise-canceling microphones to the era of Bluetooth neckband headphones.”
Val Kolton, V-MODA CEO goes on to explain:
All other in-ear wireless headphones have a variety of form factors with show stopping compromises, imperfect ergonomics or useless gimmicks. They either look like unsightly massive ‘plastic space ring around the collars’, Frankenstein bolts that will not stay in your ears or separate earbuds that are quickly lost, have reception issues and need a dongle or case. Our first neckband Bluetooth headphone features a minimal design that can hide under a shirt collar, maximum battery life, enhanced antenna and unrivaled all-day ergonomics. With Forza Metallo Wireless we are unleashing audiophiles and professionals with ultimate ergonomics via our unique TrapLock™ titanium cable refined to every nanometer from countless anatomical tests conducted over years.
Tuned to V-MODA’s signature sound- a sound I happen to love- the 5.8mm neodymium micro dynamic Hi-Res driver deliver “balanced, vibrant bass, vivid mids and natural stress-free highs surrounded by a vast 3D soundstage.” The sound is the result of some important technologies coming together in a single neckband headphone. The Hi-Res drivers combine with a CNC forged aircraft-grade metal housing and, for audio sources supporting it, the inclusion of the Qualcomm aptX audio codec allow the headphones to deliver CD quality wireless audio playback.
These headphones were designed for serious use. The TrapLock Titanium neckband was refined over the years to sit comfortably on your shoulders at any and every angle or sit hidden from view under a shirt collar. The included ActiveFlex sport fins come in three sizes to provide both comfort and stability. The fins, when paired with one of the included four different sizes of BLISS (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicone) 3.0 fittings provide both comfort and superior noise-isolation that enhances the bass. Together you will enjoy great fit, super-stability and excellent sound.
And there’s more. The headphones sport a new, special nano-coating technology that makes them sweat and weather resistant. The advanced Bluetooth holds a connection from up to 10 meters (33 feet) and allows for simultaneous pairing with two devices. Then there is the lithium-ion battery. It provides up to 10+ hours of music and calls and, with just a 15-minute quick charge, delivers two more hours of playback. Finally, the dual noise-cancelling microphones help ensure crystal-clear calls and, when a call iOS incoming, the neckband vibrates to let you know someone is calling.
Finally, because this is V-MODA, the headphones are also a fashion statement. As the press release explains,
V-MODA is bringing additive manufacturing to neckband headphones with its collection of 3D printed custom caps making Forza Metallo Wireless customizable to forge your own personal relic with the patent-pending RemixRings. Not only can you remix your design, but you can optimize the design with an enhanced tailored fit. The collection of 3D caps features the Milanese designs Steam Punk, V-MODA Logo, Lion Head and more to come. The cap materials and pricing include platinum (starting down from $7,500), 14k gold (starting down from $2,500), gold-plated (starting down from $250) and the newly developed and affordable HD Acrylic for $40 ($20 when bought with the headphones).
The Forza Metallo Wireless feature:
- 5.8mm Micro Hi-Res Driver – Delivers unique, balanced sound and natural stress-free acoustics with a vivid 3D Soundstage
- Qualcomm aptX™ Audio Codec – Highest end for CD quality wireless audio playback
- Titanium TrapLock™ Ergonomics – Unrivaled minimalism forms to your body and the unique form factor eliminates “space ring around the collar,” lost earbuds, dongle cases, bad battery life and reduced reception
- Military-Level Durability – Engineered and tested beyond Military-level quality MIL-STD-810G test standards to withstand every challenge, from commuting to hard-core workouts
- Futuristic Sweat and Weather Resistant Nanocoating Technology
- BLISS™ 3.0 Fittings – Four different sizes of BLISS (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicone) 3.0 fittings ensure outstanding noise-isolation, tightest bass, and best fit
- ActiveFlex™ Sport Fins – Detachable, patent pending ActiveFlex sport fins available in 3 sizes for best fit and stability while running or working out
- Lithium-ion Long-Lasting Battery – Up to 10+ hours of music playback and ultra-fast charging
- Noise-Cancelling Dual Microphones – Crystal-clear calls and voice recognition
- 10m Range and 2-Device Connectivity – Pair your Bluetooth device and enjoy your headphones up to 10 meters (33 feet), multitask and pair with two devices at the same time
- iOS Battery Indicator and Widget
The Forza Metallo Wireless are available now and come in Gunmetal Black and White Silver for $170.00. We have a pair on the way for review. In the meantime, you can check them out here.