Dell has two new monitors on the way. The Dell 24 and 27 Ultrathin Monitors are packed with features yet surprisingly affordable. The 24” model will be just $299.99 while the 27” model will be just 27”. Both models will arrive at the end of January and look to be an integral part of Dell’s 2018 lineup.
The monitors are packed with tech and look like it.
The components are housed in the slim monitor head that is mounted on a sturdy, metal base stand crafted with “a clean seamless curvature across the entire back surface and a tone-on-tone high-polished Dell imprint that harmonizes with the premium painted silver finishing” they look great.
Rounding out these aesthetics is a cable management slot with all of the connectivity ports on the back and laid out to maintain the clean lines while remaining fully accessible to the person using them.
According to Dell:
Dell’s Ultrathin Monitors are the brightest in the world. Corning Iris Glass isa glass substrate used as a light-guide plate (LGP) in Dell monitors. This best-in-class material enables an ultra-thin form factor, boosts brightness (up to 600 nits) and delivers brilliant pictures.
Both monitors offer FHD and QHD resolution, respectively and deliver HDR10 content playback capabilities through CinemaColor. The technology inside lets you, “see greater depth of color, remarkable clarity and high contrast for strikingly realistic images.”
Designed with an Infinity Edge display, these monitors are virtually borderless. At their thinnest, the monitors are just 5.5mm thick. At their thickest, they are still only 29mm thick.
Other features include:
- Consistent and accurate colors no matter where you sit thanks to the wide-viewing angles enabled by In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology, with >85% DCI-P3 and >99% sRGBcolor coverage.
- A flicker-free screen with Comfort View optimizes eye comfort and reduces harmful blue light emissions, so you can read longer.
- The world’s brightest ultrathin monitors in their class* with Corning Iris™ Glass light-guide plate (LGP).
- Increased screen brightness -New Ultra-thin models will be brighter with 600 nits peak vs older versions with 400 nits peak.
- Sheer brilliance: 600 nits brightness is brighter than a typical monitor panel, so users get a great view, even in bright areas or high ambient environments.
There’s more. The monitors have what Dell refers to as Easy Arrange. This technology allows the selected monitor’s desktop to be organized into various predefined or custom window layouts.
As noted, the smaller of the two monitors will be just $299.99 while the larger one is still under $500.
Finally, Dell is also announcing new accessories designed to complement the monitors. There is the Dell 2.1 Speaker System that delivers premium sound professionally tuned by award-winning Waves MaxxAudio. The system includes an audio plug so you can use headphones for a private listening experience. In addition, there is the Dell KM717 Premier Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. The keyboard lets you easily switch between three devices via your choice of 2.4GHz wireless or Bluetooth LE. Rounding out these new accessories is the Dell WM527 Premier Wireless Mouse. The arc-shaped mouse features best-in-class dual-mode wireless connectivity.