Weather buffs and iPad users rejoice! AccuWeather has a new free weather app, you want it. Never be in the dark about your local weather conditions again with loads of detailed weather information enough to satisfy the budding meteorologist., and comes with a lot of bells and whistles and eye-candy. For iPad 3 owners, AccuWeather takes advantage of the iPad’s crisp Retina display. A cool new feature of the weather app is its user-configurable design schemes so that AccuWeather displays weather data the way
New features include:
- Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple iOS devices and the AccuWeather App for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Simplified interface providing an easy comparison of more weather information.
- Faster navigation and improved support for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Advanced hurricane center that lets you track the latest storms.
- Social media sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Customizable design themes with the water color painting and classic black backgrounds.
- Full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.
Continued core functionality includes:
- Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms in the next three days, an orange exclamation point is displayed on the location’s 15-day forecast screen.
- Exclusive lifestyle forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
- Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® – AccuWeather’s exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Multiple location storage.
- Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
As I mentioned earlier, AccuWeather for iPad is free, and can be found at the App Store.