Here’s a great little gadget if you are a biker AND an iPhone-user. The Wahoo Blue SC from Wahoo Fitness is a speed and cadence sensor for iPhone. The $59.99 gizmo wirelessly connects to your iPhone (or iPad) using Bluetooth 4.0 technology and pairs with cycling apps such as Cyclemeter and Strava. From there, cyclists can monitor critical cycling data from their iOS device. As the release explains
Wahoo Fitness’ Blue SC bike speed & cadence completely transforms your iPhone into the ultimate cycling computer. Coupled with the Wahoo Blue SC, the iPhone can provide cyclist with all their critical workout data including speed, cadence, location, map, time, pace, calories, workout history and more. With a built-in internal odometer, the Wahoo Blue SC records lifetime bike mileage and allows cyclist to see week, month and year totals. Featuring an inexpensive replaceable battery, the Wahoo Blue SC requires no charging between rides for up to 2 years.
The Blue SC Features Include:
• Pairs with your favorite cycling app to track speed & cadence data wirelessly on your iPhone.
• Records lifetime bike mileage by week, month, and year – even when not connected to the iPhone.
• Replaceable battery requires no charging between rides for up to 2 years.
• Works seamlessly with Wahoo Fitness and Wahoo Fitness Odometer Apps, as well as top cycling apps including Cyclemeter, Strava Cycling and more.
• Connects wirelessly to the iPhone and iPad via Bluetooth 4.0 technology, no additional hardware required.
You can get more information and order yours here on the company site.