I have been really impressed with the various Chrome backpacks we have reviewed over the last year or so, and I’m excited about this new offering – the Chrome Bravo Night. The $180 backpack is described as the company’s “ultimate urban roll top backpack”. During the day the backpack is a sharp-looking black bag that carries all your gear. At night a special 3M reflective panel changes its appearance while also making things a bit safer for anyone walking down the street in the dark.
Each of the Chrome backpacks we have reviewed has been impressive with regard to both the materials and the construction, and this backpack looks to be no exception. It features a welded waterproof main compartment, and integrated padded laptop sleeve and cross compression straps. Like all of the company’s offerings it is guaranteed for life.
The versatility of this rolltop backpack is one of the key factors that make it worth a look. It can be cinched down to serve as a compact 20L commuter backpack, or it can be opened up to become a full 40L backpack that can hold a good bit of gear during your urban journeys. The padded laptop sleeve is toward the front of the bag in order to ensure easy access to it even when the pack is full. This backpack promises to be something that is more of an investment in a good backpack than a mere purchase. Other features include:
• Ergonomic shoulder-strap design with EVA foam back panel for comfort and breathability
• Sternum strap for load distribution
• Industrial-metal cam lock underarm compression buckles
• Signature 3M Reflective front panel
• Welded-Waterproof main compartment
• Dedicated laptop compartment fits up to a MacBook Pro 15″” computer
• Cross compression straps to secure large haul items
• Waterproof external zippered front compartment
• Industrial strength Velcro accessory mounting shoulder straps
• Reinforced back panel for added support when fully loaded
You can check out the backpack here on the product page. We have one on the way for review.