We reviewed the Plantronics BackBeat and the BackBeat 2. Both stereo Bluetooth headsets impressed us with their sound, comfort and value. Now Plantronics has gone one step further and designed a light stereo Bluetooth headset that will make your workouts feel less like work. The Plantronics BackBeat FIT is impressive. It is comfortable, great sounding and ready for your workout.
I’ve been using the BackBeat FIT for the last few days and I’m impressed. The battery life is quite good, the headset comfort took me by surprise and the sound is quite impressive. This is a headset designed for working out that could easily serve as your on-the-go headset with ease.
The inclusion of a carrying case that doubles as an arm band is one of those small items that adds value to the product and, in the process, makes it far more usable. Thanks to the decision to include this case you can enjoy your music handsfree without needing to first go spend an extra twenty or thirty dollars on an arm band. Our of the box the accessory looks like little more than an oversized pouch for the headset. Turn it inside out however and you have a great way to take your smartphone with you when you go out for your run.
- Stable, comfortable fit: BackBeat FIT stays in place. Its soft-but-strong, flexible headband and in-ear stabilizers ensure a snug, stable fit that is comfortable, no matter how active the user gets.
- Durable, sweat-proof design: Designed to handle the hardest workouts, BackBeat FIT has a rugged, sweat-proof design plus extra protection from Plantronics’ exclusive P2i sweat- and weather-proof nano-coating.
- Safety first: The bright colors and reflective materials of BackBeat FIT help protect the user day or night, and its unique, safety-oriented eartip design allows the user to be more aware of their surroundings.
- Two-in-one armband/carrying case: Get moving right out of the box with the included smartphone armband – it secures a smartphone and car key during a work out, and reverses to act as a protective carrying case for the headphones when they’re not in use.
- Small form factor, big battery life: BackBeat FIT packs power for a week’s worth of workouts – up to 8 hours of listening time. Plus, it offers DeepSleep, a hibernation mode which keeps the headphones charged and ready to use for up to six months.
- Superior stereo headphones: Offering powerful speakers and a custom codec, BackBeat FIT delivers music’s rich bass and crisp highs to keep you moving.
- Wireless Bluetooth technology: Enjoy tangle-free music, videos and calls by easily connecting, cord-free, to a smartphone.
- Hands-off control: BackBeat FIT headphones built-in microphone allows users to take and make occasional phone calls without having to touch their mobile device. Easy-to-access on-ear controls let them control their music with the touch of a finger.
- Gets better over time: Over-the-air firmware updates, delivered via a smartphone app, make it easy to keep the headphones performing optimally and always have the latest software features, as well as documentation on the product features and functionality.
The headset will be available in Lime Burst and Electric Blue this April for $129.99. Check them out here: Plantronics Headsets and Accessories.