In school systems across the country, arts programs are under budget attack – easy fodder in a system that is loaded with required functions and more attractive programs. Some schools still manage to provide arts education, and more efforts are being made to find alternative resources to fund these critical programs. The latest is Humble “Music in Schools” Bundle.
Highlights of the program include:
• Previously unreleased Mass Effect 3 tracks by Sam Hulick
• Four releases from legendary punk label Alternative Tentacles (including a new record from former Dead Kennedys singer Jello Biafra)
• A rare re-release of The Residents’ “I Murdered Mommy!” (a concept recording for an unfunded game idea)
• A long out-of-print compilation called EYESORE: A Stab At The Residents, featuring Primus, Cracker, Heavy Vegetable (Rob Crow), Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, and 31 others
• Soundtracks from hit indie games like Fez, Dear Esther, THREES, FTL, and Spelunky, not to mention film soundtracks such as Super Size Me, Henri, and Contracted. The downloadable soundtracks are available as MP3 (320 kpbs in most cases).
Here are the benefits of donating:
• Donate $20 or more and get 15 albums including The String Arcade, soundtracks from Escape Goat 2, FTL Advance Edition, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, and Fez, and a very rare release from the legendary experimental music pioneers The Residents!
• Donate $50 or more and get a staggering 50+ game soundtracks (including all of the above); rare, out of print indie rock releases; and some great indie games (Audio Surf, Sequence and more) — a $600 + value!
Check out the “Music in Schools” intro video: