Last summer GRIN Studios had a Kickstarter for their unconventional un-fairy tale Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries. Woolfe looks at the adventures of an adult Red Riding Hood as she seeks to avenge her parents deaths. The game was successfully funded, and is progressing towards release. Now GRIN announces that the game is available for Early Access on Steam.
Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries is set to release on March 17 for PC on Steam. The game launched on Steam Early Access* today [http://store.steampowered.com/app/281940], supported by a new trailer featuring in-game footage.
GRIN’s founder and CEO Wim Wouters said: “The team at GRIN has been working hard on the game and we’re looking forward to receiving valuable player feedback through Early Access so that we can deliver an exciting experience that Red would be proud of.”
About Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries
All grown up, cried out and armed with an axe, our heroine Red Riding Hood embarks on an odyssey to avenge the death of her parents. Buckle up for a surprising take on the classic tale as you know it, some good old-fashioned action platforming, fun combo-based hack ‘n slash combat and rewarding environment puzzles exploring the attractive fantasy universe.
“This is not a fairytale. There’s nothing fair about it.”
- A Twisted Fairy Tale Story – GRIN’s take on the Red Riding Hood legacy is not an ordinary bedtime story. Four years ago, Red Riding Hood’s father, Joseph, lead engineer for Woolfe Industries, died in a work accident. At least, that’s what his family was told. All grown up, our heroine is ready to unveil the truth and present the bill for her tragic loss.
- A Rich, Visual Experience – Woolfe‘s atmospheric artwork lets the player explore a rich fantasy universe centered around a city paralyzed with fear and occupied by tin soldiers. Sneak through the slums, descend into the city sewer system, run through the harbor and escape the city into an evil forest, where gravity, wolves and scary fairies are out to get you.
- 2.5D Action-Platforming – The tale’s 2.5D levels combine the simplicity of side scrolling gameplay with three-dimensional puzzles.
- Fast, Axe Wielding Combat – Armed with her trusty axe, Red will need to skillfully execute combos to strike at her foes’ weaknesses.
- Deranged Fairytale Enemies – On her journey, Red faces some bloody encounters with “familiar fairytale faces” such as The Pied Piper, tin soldiers, big bad wolves, scary fairies and – of course – her nemesis B.B. Woolfe.
The first of two fully fledged, stand-alone yet successive volumes, Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries is now available on Steam for $9.99. Red’s journey will continue in Volume 2, which is scheduled for release on PC during August 2015. Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries is also planned for release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year.
For further information on Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries:
Official Website: http://woolfegame.com/