Nintendo has totally boosted their game cache and physical rewards as the Club Nintendo Rewards program (North America) winds down. Members can also find their free appreciation download code for Flipnote Studio 3D. All worldwide program will end by September 30, 2015 to make way for a new loyalty program.
For the free Flipnote Studio 3D, check the To-Do list (reportedly releasing by February 6, 2015). North American members can earn more “coin” amounts before Tuesday, March 31, 2015 and spend their remaining amounts before Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
Physical rewards (subject to change) include the following:
- Mario and Luigi Greeting Cards (300 coins)
- Nintendogs Greeting Cards (300)
- 2016 Desktop Calendar (400)
- 3DS Game Case that holds 18 games (400)
- Retro Mario T-Shirt (700)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 Poster Set (700)
- Super Smash Bros. 3 Poster Set (700)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D Messenger Bag (800)
Gamers (subject to change) can grab the following games (via game codes) without worrying about depleting inventory:
- Kid Icarus: Uprising (700)
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (700)
- Star Fox 64 3D (700)
- Brain Age: Concentration Training (600)
- Crosswords Plus (600)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (600)
- Super Mario 3Dland (600)
- Fluidity: Spin Cycle (300)
- Classic 3DS for 300 – Dillon’s Rolling Western, HarmoKnight, and Dillon’s Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
- Classic 3DS for 250 – Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move and Chi bi-Ro bo! Photo Finder
- Classic 3DS for 200 – 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, 3D Classics: Excitebike, 3D Classics: Urban Champion, 3D Classics: Xevious, Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters, Brain Age Express: Math, Brain Age Express: Sudoku, Donkey Kong 3, Donkey Kong Jr., A Kappa’s Tail,Ketzal’s Corridors, The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Looksley’s Line Up, Mario Golf, Metroid, Punch-Out featuring Mr. Dream, Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, Sparkle Snapshots 3D, Tokyo Crash Mobs, and Wario Land 2
- Classic 3DS for 150 – 3D Classics: TwinBee, Baseball, Donkey Kong, Golf, Kersploosh!, Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, Mario’s Picross, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Radar Mission, Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: Golden Coins, and Tennis.
- 250 – 1080 Snowboarding, Eco Shooter: Plant 530, Excitebike: World Rally, F-Zero X, Fluidity, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, Mario Golf, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 2, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, Pilotwings, Snowpack Park, Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Super Punch Out!, Super Smash Bros, and ThruSpace
- 200 – Art Style: Cubello, Clu Clu Land, Doc Louis’s Punch-Out!!, NES Play Action Football, Super Mario Bros.: the Lost Levels, and Zoda’s Revenge: StarTropics II,
Nintendo Wii U
- Wii Party U (850)
- The Wonderful 101 (600)
- Wii Fit U (600)
- Game & Wario (600)
- Nintendo Wii U for 300 – Dr. Luigi and NES Remix
- Nintendo Wii U for 250 – Earthbound
- 200 – Donkey Kong Jr., Excitebike, F-Zero, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Golden Sun, Golf, Ice Climber, Ice Hockey, Mario Bros., Metroid, NES Open Tournament Golf, Pilotwings, Pinball, Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Punch-Out!!, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrecking Crew, Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3, and Zelda II: the Adventure of Link.
Seven years does not seem long to me, but most people don’t think long-term anymore. Here is the official Club Nintendo Program Discontinuation notice:
Dear Club Nintendo Members,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Nintendo.
We launched Club Nintendo 6 years ago in North America, and we’re grateful for all of the feedback that our members have provided on your experiences with our products.
In order to focus on planning for a new customer loyalty program for our fans, we’ve decided to wind-down the Club Nintendo program. We are deeply thankful to our members for being a part of Club Nintendo for all of these years.
We will share details about our new program at a later date. For now, please see the schedule below for information on the discontinuation timeframe for Club Nintendo.
All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we will add dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog in February. In addition, as a small token of appreciation for your loyalty, all Club Nintendo members will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D in February 2015. Please visit here for information on the software and how to get the download code.
Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule
Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.
Your Account and Coin Balance
The information in your Club Nintendo account will not be transferred to the new loyalty program. We are adding multiple items to our reward catalog, so please be sure to redeem your Coins before the deadline on June 30, 2015. Unused Coins will be deleted as of July 1, 2015.
2015 Elite Status
In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted once announced.
FAQs about Club Nintendo program discontinuation
- How long can I keep earning Coins?
- The last day to register products with Club Nintendo, take surveys, or earn Coins is March 31, 2015. Surveys in your To-Do list will be deleted after March 31, 2015, so please be sure to register products or take surveys by that date. Please note that products released after January 20, 2015 cannot be registered at Club Nintendo, and will not be eligible for surveys or Coins.
- But I have Club Nintendo PIN # that is valid past March 31, 2015.
- Products cannot be registered after March 31, 2015, regardless of the expiration date written on the PIN card.
- Will the games I download still be registered with Club Nintendo?
- Club Nintendo-eligible games that you download will continue to be registered to your account automatically until March 31, 2015 if your Nintendo eShop account is linked to your Club Nintendo account. After that date, games will no longer be registered with Club Nintendo. To find out which games you can register, please see Eligible Products.
- When is the last day to join Club Nintendo?
- You can join Club Nintendo until March 31, 2015.
- When is the last day to redeem Coins on Club Nintendo?
- The last day to redeem your Coins is June 30, 2015. Any unused Coins will be deleted on July 1, 2015. We are offering a large number of digital games, and select physical rewards, so we are sure you can find something you like. Limited quantities are available for the physical rewards, so please be sure to check out our Get Games & Rewards page for each item’s availability.
- What happens to my Coins if I don’t use them all?
- Any unused Coins in your Club Nintendo account will be deleted on July 1, 2015.
- When is the last day to get the download code for the digital games I chose?
- The last day to access your Club Nintendo account is June 30, 2015, so please be sure to get your 16-digit download code(s) for any games you’ve received before that date.
- Will the download code ever expire?
- Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date.
- Do I need to cancel my membership?
- No, your account will automatically be cancelled on July 1, 2015, so there is no need for you to cancel your account.