Synology America Corp., PC Mag’s 2014 Business Choice Award Winner, announced the release of the RS18016xs+ and its expansion unit, the RX1216sas. This enterprise aimed Network Attached Storage (NAS) system boasts extreme storage capacities, point-in-time data backup, and unparalleled performance throughput. The RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are available now and are priced at $7,599.99 and $2,999.99, respectively.
The RS18016xs+ is designed with these cutting-edge features:
- Extreme performance: Provides over 3,900 MB/s and 348,000 IOPS throughput. With these specs, the RS18016xs+ has the power to provide storage and application serving to hundreds of users without breaking a sweat.
- Point-in-time data recovery: The RS18016xs+ has the muscle to provide snapshot views of the entire storage system as frequently as every 5 minutes without occupying system resources.
- High uptime: Provides support for Synology High Availability, as well as many redundant hardware components including: power supplies, system fans, and network data ports.
- Future-ready: The RS18016xs+ supports 6 GB/s SAS/SATA III and can be upgraded with up to 32GB ECC RAM.
- Seamless scalability: If the RS18016xs+ reaches its storage capacity, up to 14 RX1216sas expansion units can be immediately installed to create a 180-drive cluster, which is manged from one point.
Michael Wang, product manager at Synology Inc. expounded on the RS18016xs+ saying, “Belonging to the next generation of NAS servers, the RS18016xs+ can be extended beyond 1PB of storage capacity while simplifying any backup strategy, making it the perfect choice for businesses in need of a cost-efficient, scalable, and modern storage solution.” You read that right…1 PETABYTE. That’s 1,000 terabytes or 1,000,000 gigabytes. Translated to plain English, that’s a boatload of storage.
As with all Synology NAS units, the RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are powered by the award-winning DiskStation Manager (DSM) software. DSM is an advanced and extremely intuitive operating system for network attached storage. Finally, both the RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are backed by Synology’s 5-year warranty and Synology Replacement Services in select regions.