You’ll likely get at least one gift this holiday season that needs to be charged. Unfortunately, companies like Apple no longer include wall adapters with their phones. Thankfully, Aukey offers a range of smart, technologically advanced charging solutions. You can see all their offerings here. First, though, take a look at the four offerings they sent us to check out.
Aukey offers a wide range of charging options. They were kind enough to send four of them to us to check them out in person. I’ve never used one of their products before, and I’m impressed. Their prices are excellent, and the technology packed into their products is impressive.
Aukey Minima 18W PD Charger, PA-Y18
First up is the $22.99 Minima 18W PD Charger. This small, unassuming call adapter is a bit larger than the small wall adapters Apple used to include with the iPhone. But while Apple’s wall adapters delivered 5W of power, the Minima 18W PD offers more than three times the power. That means you can fast-charge an iPhone 11 from 0 to 50-65% in 30 minutes.
The wall adapter has the Aukey name just above the single USB-C port. The letter PD just below the USB-C port makes clear the fact that this isn’t any small wall adapter; it’s able to fast charge your devices quickly.
The small, compact design is made even smaller by the foldable US 110V prongs. That makes this wall adapter ideal for travel. All you need to do is fold in the prongs, and you won’t have to worry about them getting bent as you take it from place to place.
And while the design may look simple, inside, the Minima 18W PD is packed with tech. The built-in safeguards help keep devices plugged into it from excessive current, overheating, and overcharging.
In other words, the Minima 18W PD recharges your devices AND helps make sure your phone, tablet, or another mobile device won’t be damaged the way the can be by less advance, inexpensive wall adapters.
- Small & Powerful: Fast charge compatible USB-C devices at up to 18W. Charge an iPhone 11 / XS / XR from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes.
- Ultra-Compact Design: Doesn’t obstruct other outlets
- Travel-Ready: This tiny cube with a foldable plug is exceptionally handy on-the-go.
- Input: AC 100–240V 50/60Hz
- USB-C Output: 5V 3A, 9V 2A, 12V 1.5A
- Max Power Output: 18W
- Dimensions: 32 x 36 x 36mm / 1.25” x 1.4” x 1.4”
- Weight: 43g / 1.52oz
The Minima 18W PD is a great option if you just got a new iPhone 12. And at under $25, it’s accessible to pretty much everyone. Check it out here.
Aukey Swift 18W PD Charger, PA-F1
Suppose you want something even less expensive than the Minima 18W PD; you might want to check out the $19.99 Swift 18W PD Charger. It is a bit larger than the Minima 18W PD but offers similar benefits.
Able to charge an iPhone 11 from 0% to over 50% in 30 minutes, it too has US 110V prongs that fold down for easy storage and damage-free carrying.
The Swift 18W PD Charger also has smart technology to prevent overheating, excessive current, or overcharging. That means you get speedy, worry-free charging.
- Broad Compatibility: Designed to work with all USB-C devices, including iPhone 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max / XS / XS Max / XR / X / 8 / 8 Plus, iPad Pro, Samsung Galaxy Note10 / S10 / S10+ / S10e / S9 / S9+ / S8 / S8+, Google Pixel 4 / 4 XL / 3 / 3 XL / 2 / 2 XL, and more.
- Foldable Plug: Features a foldable plug for easy portability and storage. You can throw it in your bag and not worry about it scratching your iPad screen.
- Safety and Reliable: Built-in safeguards protect your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
- Ultra-Compact: Extremely compact form factor and foldable plug ensure maximum portability wherever you go. Handy for home, office, and vacations.Ultra-Compact
At 2.5oz, the Swift 18W PD Charger is a full ounce heavier than the Minima. When you consider the fact that it also delivers 18W of power, choosing which of these first two wall adapters largely comes down to aesthetics.
- Input: AC 100–240V 50/60Hz
- USB-C Output: (Power Delivery 3.0) DC 5V 3A, 9V 2A, 12V 1.5A
- Max Power Output: 18W
- Dimensions: 44 x 43 x 28mm / 1.73” x 1.69” x 1.1”
- Weight: 58g / 2.05oz
You can pick up one of the Swift 18W PD Chargers here.
Aukey Omnia Mix3 90W 3-Port PD Charger
If you want more flexibility than the Swift 18W PD Charger and Minima 18W PD offer, you might want to check out the Omnia Mix3 90W 3-Port PD Charger. It has an MSRP of $59.99 but is currently available for just $49.99. The Omnia Mix3 90W 3-Port PD Charger is 20% smaller than Apple’s 87W charger but delivers a bit more power. Interestingly, Aukey’s offering wastes 40% less energy than Apple’s offering. In addition, while Apple’s offering has a single USB-C port, the Omnia Mix3 90W 3-Port PD Charger has two USB-C ports and a USB-A port so that you can charge three devices at once.
The Omnia Mix3 90W 3-Port PD Charger offers 90W of power delivery. When all three ports are in use, one of the USB-C ports will deliver 60W of power while the other two ports will deliver up to 12W. That makes it a perfect replacement for your laptop’s Apple wall charger. It is smaller, more powerful, and can charge your laptop AND phone and wireless headphones at one time.
That, combined with foldable prongs and internal protective circuitry, makes it perfect if you want to clean up your desk or are planning a trip. This is, in fact, the only wall adapter you need for your next trip.
- High-Speed Charging: Offers 90W Power Delivery 3.0 charging from a single USB-C port to charge your MacBook Pro at full speed and fast-charge your latest iPhone or other compatible USB-C powered devices that support USB Power Delivery. Charges your Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra / S20+ at 45W via USB A Port.
- Smaller and Better: 20% smaller than Apple’s 87W charger despite 3x the ports, and 40% less energy waste. Ideal for 15″ MacBook Pro and other high-powered USB-C laptops. Foldable plug & travel-friendly design ensure maximum portability wherever you go. Handy for home, office, and vacations.
- Multi-Tasking Future-Proof Charging: Offers 90W Power Delivery 3.0 charging from a single USB-C port to charge your MacBook Pro at full speed and fast-charge your latest iPhone or other compatible USB-C powered devices that support USB Power Delivery. Charges your Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra / S20+ at 45W via USB A Port.
- Broad Compatibility: Works with most USB-C laptops and PD devices including MacBook Pro 16“, MacBook Air, iPhone 12 / 12 Pro / 12 Pro Max / SE, Samsung S20+ / NOTE 20+, Google Pixel 4 / 3 XL, LG G7 / V50, AirPods Pro, Switch, iPad Pro 2020, iPad Air 2020, iPad mini 2020, Airpods Pro and more.
- Three-Device Charging: Enough power to charge one MacBook 15.4” laptop and one Switch simultaneously. When using all 3 ports together, the main USB-C port provides up to 60W, while the other ports provide up to 12W.
Weighing in at more than 6.5 ounces, the Omnia Mix3 90W 3-Port PD Charger is surprisingly heavy. It feels solid and, thanks to the two USB-C ports and the single USB-A port, replaces the need to carry multiple wall adapters.
- USB-C 1/2: 3.3-11V/5A (PPS);
- 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/4.5A (Max 90W)
- USB-A: 4.5V/5A, 5V/4.5A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 20V/3A (Max 60W)
- USB-C 1 + USB-A: 60W + 30W (Max 90W)
- USB-A 1 + USB-A 2: 12W + 12W (Max 24W)
- USB-C 1 + USB-C 2: 60W + 30W (Max 90W)
- USB-C 1 + USB-C 2 + USB-A: 60W + 12W + 12W (Max 84W)
With a maximum output of 90W, the Omnia Mix3 measures 2.52” x 2.44” x 1.30” and weighs in at 6.7oz. It is an impressive wall adapter and it has already preplaced three wall chargers I had been using at my desk in my home office. Check it out here.
Aukey 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Station Stand
Finally, AUKEY sent their 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Station Stand for me to check out. The $28.99 lets you charge three Apple devices at one time. It has a stand that will hold your iPhone (or other Qi-enabled phones) and wirelessly charge it at up t 10W. That’s slower than many wireless chargers coming on the market, but if you are using this bedside to charge your phone overnight, you don’t really need to charge your phone at the fastest speeds possible. (Other devices charge a 5W.)
It is also good to know that the Qi wireless charging will work as promised with up to 3mm thick cases.
Also, there is a wireless charging spot at the right when facing the 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Station Stand. The print on the charger makes it clear this is designed for AirPods or AirPods Pro with a wireless charging case, but it also works with my new True Wireless Earphones from Jabra.
Finally, there is an adapter into which you can place an Apple Watch charger. You read that right; to use this charging stand with your Apple Watch, you’ll need to supply your own cable.
An LED on the front lets you easily know the charging status of the 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Dock. A blue light indicates the charger is in standby mode, while a green light indicates it is actively charging a device. If there is a foreign object laid on the charging surface, the lights will flash blue and green, so you are alerted to remove the offending item.
At the back of the stand, there is a single USB-C port. This works with the included USB-C cable, but be warned, the stand doesn’t come with a wall adapter. I suspect that, and the need to supply your own Apple Watch cable, help keep the price down.
And, of course, the 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Dock has safety features that will prevent devices from overheating or being otherwise damaged while charging.
- Wireless Recharging For 3 Apple Devices: Charge your iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch simultaneously on the same charging station
- Fewer Wires, More Versatility: Features Qi wireless fast-charging up to 10W and handy charging LEDs to show the exact charging status. More versatile wireless chargers for those who want to juice up to three gadgets at once, including a phone, Apple Watch, and AirPods.
- Convenient and Future-Proof Charging: It’s a lot more elegant to have a small wireless charger around the house to top up your phone when needed. Simply place your device on one of the charging areas to begin charging.
- For Home, Bedroom, Office, or Traveling: Great for entertainment lovers and productivity freaks alike. Keep multiple devices fully charged and never need to go hunting for a cable.
- Safe, Convenient, and Easy to Use: Simply place your device on one of the charging areas to begin charging. Includes a comprehensive suite of protections that ensure things never get too hot
The 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Dock is available in your choice of black or white. Inside the box, you’ll get the AUKEY 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Dock, a user manual, and a 1.2M USB-A to C Cable.
- All other Qi-enabled devices charge at 5W.
- Compatible with cases that are up to 3mm thick.
- A safety technology feature: it won’t overcharge your phone or overheat.
- ADAPTER IS NOT INCLUDED!!
- LED Indicator: Standby: Blue, Charging: Green, Foreign-object-detection:Flashing blue&green
The 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Dock is a small, inexpensive way to charge your iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods Pro in a single charger that won’t take up too much space on your desk or night table. I dig it, and I’m currently in discussion with Raina to see which of us gets to use it. (Okay, that’s not really true. I’m using it, but the first time Raina says she wants it, it will be hers.) You can check out the 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Dock here.
So there you have it. Fours different ways to keep your mobile devices charged without breaking the bank. And these are just four of the many wall chargers AUKEY currently offers. You can learn more here on the AUKEY Best iPhone 12 Chargers page. Check it out here.