Logitech has a selection of items that would make great gifts for the techies in your life; whether they are a gamer, a home theater buff, or simply someone who is looking for a way to work more efficiently. Let’s take a quick look at three fab items …
If you have a gamer in your life, then you have probably heard them raving about mechanical keyboards. I have to admit that I didn’t appreciate the difference until I gave the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum a try.
This keyboard was specifically designed for gaming; it uses Romer-G mechanical switches which have been tested to last for over 70 million key presses, and they are also designed to actuate up to 25% faster than standard mechanical switches. The cool thing about this keyboard is that even though it’s one of the best gaming keyboards you can buy, it’s very normal looking when it’s sitting on your office desk.
• Pure Performance-Driven Design: Full-size keyboard delivers peak performance with the most powerful Logitech G technologies
• Ultra-Responsive Romer-G Mechanical Key Switches: Up to 25% faster key actuation than standard mechanical switches
• Customizable RGB Lighting: Match your system’s look and personalize individual key lighting from a spectrum of 16.8 million colors
• Easy-Access Media Controls: Play, pause, mute, adjust volume and skip songs right from the keyboard
• Customizable Function Keys: Program custom macros to F1-F12 keys with Logitech Gaming Software
• Compatibility: Works with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
The Logitech G810 Orion is a gorgeous wired keyboard that looks and feels like a quality piece of equipment; it is substantial enough that if you are banging away on it, the keyboard will not move. The keys have a shorter travel than usual; they are quiet, and they are extremely responsive. The keyboard’s customizable colors are a fun touch — you can set each key’s color individually.
If you work with an iPad Pro on or at your desk, then you need a charging stand. The Logi BASE is extra cool because it utilizes the Smart Connector Technology built into both the 12.9″ and 9.7″ iPad Pro, so all you have to do is run your charging cable from the wall to the back of the base and then slip your iPad into the dock when you want to use it in an upright position that is perfect for viewing while charging.
Don’t bother plugging the USB cable into your computer, though — as most of us Pro owners know, that method of charging is excruciatingly slow. 😉
When I reviewed the Harmony Elite, I was dealing with a multitude of remotes that had to be kept up with; quite simply put, the Logitech Harmony Elite Universal Remote Control has saved me so much aggravation.
Now the Harmony Elite is even better because it works with Amazon Alexa.
• The most powerful and intuitive Harmony remote works with Alexa for voice control. All-in-one control of up to 15 home entertainment and connected home devices
• Full color touchscreen: Simply swipe and tap to control channels, movies, volume, 50 favorite channels and smart home devices like Philips Hue lights
• One-touch Activities: Touch an Activity like “Watch a Movie” to automatically power on and switch devices to the right settings
• Harmony app: Turns iOS or Android smartphones or tablets into personal universal remote controls for the whole house
• Closed cabinet control: Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices in closed cabinets, or even when away from home
• Convenient charging station: Keeps your remote powered and within reach
• Easy-to-use design: Find the right button every time, even in the dark, with motion-activated backlit buttons, home control buttons, and a comfortable layout
• Works with over 270,000 devices: Controls your TV, satellite or cable box, Apple TV, Roku, TiVo, Blu-ray player, game consoles, plus connected lights, locks, thermostats, sensors and more
If you have a home theater buff on your gift list, this remote will make them very happy — and it will make controlling all of the electronics in their family room so much easier.