Since renovating our home last year, we have maintained the temperature in the house using the smart Lyric Thermostat from Honeywell. It is a great way to remotely cool or heat our home. Now Honeywell has released the Lyric C1 Wi-Fi Security Camera, and I’m please to say we have one in use in our home. It’s great!
The key to this smart camera is best described by Honeywell’s own words. They write:
The Lyric C1 Wi-Fi Security Camera helps you keep a watchful eye on the things that matter most. Versatile and easy to install, this indoor camera notifies you on your smartphone or tablet if it detects unusual movements or sounds. So you can take comfort, knowing a global leader in home security can help you monitor your home, pets, and family yourself – anytime, anywhere.
SIMPLE TO SET UP: The Lyric app will guide you through set-up step-by-step. The table-top or wall-mounted options means there’s no complicated wiring — just plug it in, connect the Lyric app and you’re ready.
It took a while to install the Lyric thermostat. That wasn’t the case with regard to the Lyric C1 Wi-Fi Security Camera. No, in this latter case, the process was largely plug and play. The same app that controls the Lyric thermostat controls the camera. So, once I plugged the camera in, fired up the app and followed its instructions. This truly is a security camera that is both easily self-installed and cost-effective since it is self-monitored and simple to use.
With Honeywell’s indoor C1 Wi-Fi Security Camera, you can watch what’s happening at home – anytime, anywhere. Versatile and easy to install, it also sends rapid notifications to your smart device if it detects unusual movement or sounds. You can even combine multiple cameras through the same Lyric app to monitor your whole home yourself. So if something happens when you’re not there, you can see it and stop it.
The Lyric C1 Wi-Fi Security Camera has what Honeywell calls “intelligent sound detection.” It can recognize specific sounds such as those from smoke or carbon monoxide alarms and notify you through an alert sent straight to a smart phone or tablet. Better still, because it is wirelessly connected to your smartphone or tablet, it can be controlled from anywhere. The Lyric app is smart enough that it knows, based on GPS location, to turn the camera on or off. That means, for example, you can set the app to turn on the camera once you are five miles from your home and turn it off when you get home. That way you get monitoring when you are out but goes dark when you are actually home.
Camera Specifications Include:
- Powerful Camera with
- 720p HD
- 135° wide-angle view
- Two Adjustable Alert Zones
- Motion & Sound Detection
- Two-Way Audio
- Night Vision
- Flexible mounting on wall or table top
- Plug-in power
- Not professionally monitored
- Versatile App
- 24/7 Live Video
- 5x In-App Zoom
- Smart Mobile Alerts
- 256-Bit Encryption
- Adapts to Your Location or Use Home & Away Modes
I’ve tried a number of WiFi Security Cameras but have never run into one I like as much as the Lyric Camera. The ease of setup and use are just two of the reasons. Others include:
Other features include:
- HIGH DEFINITION WIDE-ANGLE VIEW: Forget pan-and-tilt. The powerful wide-angle view lets you keep an eye on what’s happening at home in pin sharp 720p high definition.
- ADJUSTABLE ALERT ZONES: Two special alert zones will help you stop intruders in their tracks by monitoring windows or doors, while ignoring background motion like ceiling fans, so you are not bothered by false alerts.
- CLOUD AND SD STORAGE: For total security, enjoy free secure cloud storage to stream and download clips from the past 24 hours. The encrypted 8GB SD card acts as back-up if Wi-Fi is unavailable.
- NIGHT VISION: Night vision mode keeps an eye on things when the sun goes down, for reliability, quality and peace of mind around the clock
- TWO-WAY AUDIO: Handy two-way audio means you can keep in touch instantly, wherever you are. So if you see Jack’s eating the mail, you can tell him to stop – right there and then.
I like the Lyric C1 Wi-Fi Security Camera very much. It took a while to get the settings just right- initially both Raina and I were getting too many notifications- but after making the needed adjustments it works as promised. When we are home it is off. When we leave it turns on and lets me not only keep an eye on the house- read: check in on the dog if she has not been crated- but it also will let us know if the smoke or CO2 protector goes off. At a price of just $119.99 it is an affordable way to keep an eye on things. And if you already have a Lyric thermostat it is even better! Check it out here.
Source: Manufacturer supplied review sample
What I Like: Easy setup with an app that walks you through the process; No monitoring fees; Does geolocation and much more; Uses the same app as my thermostat
What Needs Improvement: Is not monitored off sight by a third-party; Initially was sending to make notifications; For indoor use only